The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

2022 Applicants Thread - University of Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Min46283
child nursing. if you don't mind can I ask why you choose it as your firm.

I feel as thought it has a better reputation over all but mainly as its the only uni that offer blended (study from home) in this area
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
child nursing. if you don't mind can I ask why you choose it as your firm.

Hi, have you had your interview for this yet? I applied for child nursing with Huddersfield too but haven’t heard anything at all yet
Original post by Charlotte pipee
Hi, have you had your interview for this yet? I applied for child nursing with Huddersfield too but haven’t heard anything at all yet

yes I had my interview in January. it worth a shot calling admissions because at times external issues like your residency and settlement can delay the process and calling in will help you to get some kind of closure
(edited 2 years ago)
yes I had my interview in January. it worth a shot calling admissions because at times external issues like your residency and settlement can delay the process and calling in will help you to get some kind of closure

Ah really? Did you apply early? I applied just before the deadline? And I have called they just basically said I had to wait and see 😂
Original post by Charlotte pipee
Ah really? Did you apply early? I applied just before the deadline? And I have called they just basically said I had to wait and see 😂

I applied in novemeber like the 20th
I applied in novemeber like the 20th

Ah fair enough haha
Original post by Aathira N
Got my conditional offer for the extended Science degree. After this degree I would like to do optometry.

Hi @Aathira N,

Congratulations on your offer! All the best with your results🎉

-Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
Does anyone know if hudds uni do applicant days for nursing students. I didn't get a chance to go to the open days and I wanted to look at the uni before picking it as my firm.

Hi @Min46283,

Your best bet would be to contact the University and ask for the School of Human and Health Sciences. You'll be able to find out if your course is hosting applicant visit day's; if not, they may be able to accommodate alternative arrangements so you can still see the University.

I hope this helps!

I've applied for my postgrad for September 10 days ago and the wait feels like a lifetime :')
Original post by leahchristinexo
I've applied for my postgrad for September 10 days ago and the wait feels like a lifetime :')

Hi @leahchristinexo,

Congratulations on applying for your postgrad! What course have you applied for?

It often does feel like that when waiting, but hopefully it's less nerves and more excitement!

Reply 90
Original post by University of Huddersfield
Hi everyone! We hope you're all doing okay.

If you're applying to join us at Huddersfield in September 2022, this is your space to ask any questions, introduce yourselves and get to know more about living and studying in Huddersfield.

Say 'hi' below and let us know what you plan to study and what subjects you're doing now

Julie and Harriette
UoH

Hi, I have a Huddersfield firm for psychology. At the moment I'm doing applied psychology, applied law and photography.
Has anyone booked accommodation at snow island? Thanks.
Hi @Pennk04,

Congratulations!🥳 I've really enjoyed studying Psychology at Huddersfield, hopefully you'll have an amazing experience too.

Although I can't help with the accommodation question, if you have any questions about the Psychology course feel free to ask!

All the best☺️
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
Reply 92
Hi all, I have my interview for mental health nursing on the 4th May, who else is doing mental health nursing?
Original post by Char_83
Hi all, I have my interview for mental health nursing on the 4th May, who else is doing mental health nursing?

Hi @Char_83,

Congratulations on your interview!!🎉 How are you feeling about it?

Original post by Char_83

Hi

Good luck! I have been accepted for sep 22,same degree :-))
Reply 95
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi @Char_83,

Congratulations on your interview!!🎉 How are you feeling about it?

Hi, thanks 😊 I’m excited but nervous! It’s the zoom thing I think! Also along time since I fid any interviews, I did 3 years midwifery at Huddersfield 10 years ago 😊
Reply 96
Original post by Anayaanaya
Hi

Good luck! I have been accepted for sep 22,same degree :-))

Ahh I think we spoke before! Congratulations 🎉
Original post by Char_83
Ahh I think we spoke before! Congratulations 🎉

Thanks Char! Im doing the new blended route, are you?
Reply 98
Original post by Anayaanaya
Thanks Char! Im doing the new blended route, are you?

No, I’ve applied for the full time in university route, I’m so excited at the prospect of being back! I absolutely loved my time there before. How did you find the interview? Was it long before you heard?
Hi,I applied to adult nursing, blended and full time, back in December and I’ve still not heard anything about an interview or a decision. Is this a bad sign does anyone know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending