The Student Room Group

A Level Options

Im currently in year 11 undertaking my gcses.
Here are my gcse options
double science bad except physics
eng lit and lang bad
re bad
maths bad
statistics (did year early a*)good
economics/business v.good
geography bad
it good
german(Bad)
I was deciding whether to do business,economics, physics, and politics or
economics maths physics politics or
economics maths business politics or
economics maths business poitics
Thanks,
Politics = blerch.

Otherwise, I'd go with the first set: Economics, Maths, Physics with Business Studies (even thought that's crap too)
Doing Economics and Business together is generally a bad idea, 'cos universities often only look at one of the two.
How "bad" are you at Maths? If you can get an a* in Stats, I'm sure you can't be that bad.
Out of those combinations, I'd probably choose the second lot. Have you got any idea what you want to do at uni?
Reply 3
Bad is my opinion not grading sorry little information.
Maths is a probably physics a star and eco/business = a*
For uni im considering eco or business or law as with the current economy its more reliable to have as a job
Reply 4
Have to agree - business studies + economics is a bad idea, so I'd go for the 2nd set as well.
Reply 5
business studies and economics is FINE if you're not aiming for top 10 unis. i e-mailed around because i am doing both also. southampton, loughborough and cardiff accept business and economics as 2 completely seperate a levels. whereas warwick, oxford, durham etc. see them as like 1.5. as im doing 4 a-levels (maths history economics and business) the top unis dont mind. however if you only do 3 a-levels (as+a2) inc. business and economics then u will be at a disadvantage.
Economics, Maths, Physics, Politics without a doubt
Reply 7
Economist1
Economics, Maths, Physics, Politics without a doubt

Damn right :biggrin:
Reply 8
economics maths physics politics

The first 3 are all well respected and link well together. Politics offers a good variation, I take it and it's really interesting + more respected than business.
Reply 9
of the choices you have given, i would say economics, maths, physics and politics.

Latest