The Student Room Group

Another U to A* forumm or whatever you call it!!!

Aloha! basically doing AQA Economics, Edexcel Maths, OCR A chemistry.
I got CCD in year 12 end due to a lot of other factors especially not taking it seriously.
In year 13 in my last mock I got: C in econ U in chemistry ( but everyone in the whole year didn't get above a D except a few exceptions) and a B in maths

I actually in my stats and mechanics in the beginning of year 13 got a U which was very nice of course :rolleyes:.
I'm aiming for A*A*A. I kind lack motivation tbh after getting **** grades and have trouble being consistent but I have and am trying to.
Currently mainly struggling with economics since the teachers have capped me at a C and have said that its impossible for me to get an A. I wanna shove an A and prove them wrong.
I come from a very working class family and live around 2 hours of school aswell which affects everything alot.

If anyone has any tips if anoyone ever comes around to reading this please feel free to just tell me especially in econ. I just dont understand macro thats it.
gonna be posing alot here btw trying to keep weekly updates

edit: HIII,
ok soo... I just logged back in and I completely forgot about making this lmao. Well... I ended up with AAB. honestly I was so flipping surprised that in the first physical paper I was 2 marks off A* and then my last paper pulled it down to an A. I go qmul now and do maths!
(edited 2 days ago)

Scroll to see replies

My tip: adapt and overcome.

good luck for year 13.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
My tip: adapt and overcome.

good luck for year 13.

heyy, please could you explain your tip plss and also any advice for econ if you do have anyyy!!! :smile:
Original post by randomhuman123
heyy, please could you explain your tip plss and also any advice for econ if you do have anyyy!!! :smile:

Adapt: when things get hard and you’re not seeing any results, change your methods until you find one that suits you.

Overcome: you solve your initial problem (i.e not getting the grade you want) by adapting.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Adapt: when things get hard and you’re not seeing any results, change your methods until you find one that suits you.

Overcome: you solve your initial problem (i.e not getting the grade you want) by adapting.

thank youuu
SOOO!!!! HMMMM basically on CCC/BCC right now. I have mocks in 2 weeks after holidays I wanna get at least AAB to be even able to get close to what I want. Have motivation but a physical work paralysis idk if that make sense of like yhhhh that.

I'm just trying to fine a balance between memorising and exam practice because I'm stick on Cs and Bs because I lack enough exam oractise and if that's the case then tough questions.
Idk man just yr13 is stressful with many mental breakdowns and idk if anyone gets it where like you think you can get the A in idk chem then something happens so your like nah not chem but maths.
Anyways enoyhj of the waffle I realised I need to know the course inside out for econ and chem especially and maths be aware of all the type of qs. Lmao I haven't even touched applied yet. Ff
Anyways update you for mocks iggg! Also interact if you see this idk ust say pong or something and say something that's going godo in your life: one personal and one education wise
I BEG NO GCSES OR YR12 COR THE LOVE OF ALL MIGHTY
Hope this is of some help to you:

General advice for lack of motivation:

Spoiler

My main advice when studying/revising for GCSEs and A-Levels:

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by KA_P
Hope this is of some help to you:

General advice for lack of motivation:

Spoiler

My main advice when studying/revising for GCSEs and A-Levels:

Spoiler

Lysmm for this lmao <3 hope you have a sick day!!!
Lysmm for this lmao <3 hope you have a sick day!!!

:u: best of luck to you
Original post by KA_P
:u: best of luck to you

thank youuu
So update *****esss, Got full on mocks in exactly 2 weeks. havent revised yet so learning content all this weeka nd doing **** tonna past papers so yhh
let you know how these go. I need to get 3Bs at least to be able to get to As by march/april. I wont lie chemistry and economics look like tehy maybe doable maths on the other hand is just looking full on stikcy and wanna kms cus i can only do all of a2 pure not even touch as stuff like logs maybe learn taht on the way idikkk
So update *****esss, Got full on mocks in exactly 2 weeks. havent revised yet so learning content all this weeka nd doing **** tonna past papers so yhh
let you know how these go. I need to get 3Bs at least to be able to get to As by march/april. I wont lie chemistry and economics look like tehy maybe doable maths on the other hand is just looking full on stikcy and wanna kms cus i can only do all of a2 pure not even touch as stuff like logs maybe learn taht on the way idikkk

You can do this. Good luck. :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
You can do this. Good luck. :smile:

thank you lmao its jsut yh lookibg sticky icl
thank you lmao its jsut yh lookibg sticky icl

You still have two weeks. Make the most of it. I'm sure you will be fine.
Original post by 5hyl33n
You still have two weeks. Make the most of it. I'm sure you will be fine.

yh i hope so as well. planned so much for the weekend bt just couldnt get myself to do anythinhg. also dont mind me asking asking what you do?
yh i hope so as well. planned so much for the weekend bt just couldnt get myself to do anythinhg. also dont mind me asking asking what you do?

Maybe you can put your to-do list here? It might motivate you. :smile:

Yes, of course! I'm a first-year Chemistry student at Cardiff University.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Maybe you can put your to-do list here? It might motivate you. :smile:

Yes, of course! I'm a first-year Chemistry student at Cardiff University.

oof i was thinking of doing chem then wanted money and switched to accounting and finance
oof i was thinking of doing chem then wanted money and switched to accounting and finance

seee i would but it would be embarrasing to not get it done and keep seeing it lmao abd i dont visit here often hence

That's probably not the best reason for choosing a profession. :lol:

seee i would but it would be embarrasing to not get it done and keep seeing it lmao abd i dont visit here often hence

Fair enough! Try and get some work done tomorrow, even if it is a little bit. :smile: I know it's hard to make yourself sit down and study but it's totally worth it in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending