The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rip_itsgrace:)
See if u had disordered eating/ eds then you would now it’s like two sides like go educate yourself bout that before commenting 🤷*♀️

If you want advice exclusively off people that have eating disorders, TSR is the wrong forum. From what I understand, not everyone with eating disorders experience the thought patterns you describe.
Finally you don’t know anything about me.
Sorry if I’ve come across as being harsh.
A lot if u had ana or disordered eating u would know but clearly u don’t 🙄

With all due respect, you don't know anything about me or the other users on here
I’ve already told u
Anorexic = gets help
Disordered eating = no help

If someone was apparently considering sticking an NG tube down because of your disordered eating, there is no way you would not be getting any follow-up.
Original post by black tea
If someone was apparently considering sticking an NG tube down because of your disordered eating, there is no way you would not be getting any follow-up.

what idk what u tryna say sorry 😞
Original post by tinyperson
I’m assuming that you use paid for carers. But honestly I do not see the issue. These people are only trying to help you out here and their entire decision is wholly based on limited information which you have given. Perhaps you can assist them by making things easier for them overall instead of moaning on here for no reason. They would be in danger of breaking the care industry laws if they did not remain professional and unbiased when faced with such a serious but fixable issue. Not to mention the risk of suddenly being sacked. If you have a undiagnosed or diagnosed health issue, then paid for carers are legally required to tell the company.

U would see the issue if u had disordered eating 🤷*♀️
Original post by gracieee16
aw you got this! i'm sure they won't do that anyway!!

<3
what idk what u tryna say sorry 😞

If someone was threatening you with an NG tube because of your disordered eating, you must be under an ED service.
Original post by Cancelled Alice
If you want advice exclusively off people that have eating disorders, TSR is the wrong forum. From what I understand, not everyone with eating disorders experience the thought patterns you describe.
Finally you don’t know anything about me.
Sorry if I’ve come across as being harsh.

so if u have a Ed why did u say I don’t understand, in your opening post you seem to be complaining about your calorie restriction not being acknowledged, but in this post you are complaining about being encouraged to eat.”
If someone was threatening you with an NG tube because of your disordered eating, you must be under an ED service.

I’m definitely not this was when I was in hospital btw :smile:
I’m definitely not this was when I was in hospital btw :smile:

you were in hospital with an ED a few months ago and aren't seeing anyone after discharge?
you were in hospital with an ED a few months ago and aren't seeing anyone after discharge?

No I don’t have a Ed and do see people for adhd,asd,bipolar and depression (sucide attempt) 😬👌
No I don’t have a Ed and do see people for adhd,asd,bipolar and depression (sucide attempt) 😬👌

Yet apparently someone was concerned enough about you not eating to suggest an NG. You should probably raise that with the team looking after your mental health.
Yet apparently someone was concerned enough about you not eating to suggest an NG. You should probably raise that with the team looking after your mental health.

What I meant was I’m not diagnosed so I’m probably fine :smile:
What I meant was I’m not diagnosed so I’m probably fine :smile:

Cool
so if u have a Ed why did u say I don’t understand, in your opening post you seem to be complaining about your calorie restriction not being acknowledged, but in this post you are complaining about being encouraged to eat.”

People assumed that you were just being contradictory; you can't expect strangers to know about some of the issues you may be suffering from. Your replies were quite hostile in that regard.
Original post by cleveranimal56
People assumed that you were just being contradictory; you can't expect strangers to know about some of the issues you may be suffering from. Your replies were quite hostile in that regard.

Why wouldn’t they know I’ve told everyone like wtf and my replies where not hostile 💀
Why wouldn’t they know I’ve told everyone like wtf and my replies where not hostile 💀

Ok...I'm just saying that it's hard to tell online, so it's probably best not to leave any traces of ambiguity. These people are trying to help you after all.

I didn’t claim that I have an ED, rather I said that you don’t know anything about me.
You say that your being seen by a mental health team, even if you don’t focus on food/ eating, maybe it would be a good idea to talk about your thought patterns because this is clearly part of a bigger picture.

Can I ask, what was the job role of the person that suggested NG?
Original post by cleveranimal56
Ok...I'm just saying that it's hard to tell online, so it's probably best not to leave any traces of ambiguity. These people are trying to help you after all.

Sorry 😭
Original post by Cancelled Alice
I didn’t claim that I have an ED, rather I said that you don’t know anything about me.
You say that your being seen by a mental health team, even if you don’t focus on food/ eating, maybe it would be a good idea to talk about your thought patterns because this is clearly part of a bigger picture.

Can I ask, what was the job role of the person that suggested NG?

It was one of the nurses at my old psychiatric hospital

Latest