The Student Room Group

btec applied science grading help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hello quickly if i got D D M M for 4 of my coursework M for U1 and a P for U3 if i aim for a M in U5 and a M in U7 and D for the remaining 5 coursework what can i get pleaseeeee.
Reply 21
hello if i got D D M M for 4 of my coursework and got a M for U1 and a P for unit 3 i aim to get a M in U5 and a M in U7 and D for all 5 of my coursework what will i gettt pleaseeeee.
Reply 22
Original post by bamtutor
I have just calculated 3 options (assuming you are doing the exact same units as the OP). To get an overall D*D*D*, you will need to get a Distinction for every unit and for three of the four exams (You can get a Merit for one of the exams).
If you get a Distinction for every coursework unit and Merits for the four exams, you can get D*DD.
If you get a Distinction for every coursework unit and passes for the four exams, DDM.

The exams are critical for the new BTECs and it is very rare for learners to get a Distinction for all four, so please bear this in mind. I don't have access to the results for Applied Science so can't give you a breakdown of how many learners did achieve a Distinction for previous years, but your teacher should be able to access this information for your own centre, so have a chat with them.

what do I do when I click on the orange box
Original post by ad450805
what do I do when I click on the orange box

select the correct course and units
Reply 24
select the correct course and units

my friend I'm really struggling here man, i mean I cant science (the subject I'm doing.) Do i right click, do I clock on ctl in the keyboard
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by ad450805
my friend I'm really struggling here man, i mean I cant science (the subject I'm doing.) Do i right click, do I clock on ctl in the keyboard

Download the BTEC NQF grade calculator from; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html
Open it then Save it to your hard drive (it doesn't work on MAC / Ipads). Reopen it, enable editing and enable Macros and it should then let you select the correct course / units etc.
If that doesnt work, you can do it manually using the guide on Pages 308-312 of the specification; https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Applied-Science/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/BTEC-L3-Nat-ExtDip-in-Applied-Science-Spec.pdf
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 26
Put on here which units you are doing (all 13). List what grades you already have and for which units, and I will calculate it for you.
Hi I’m studying unit 1,2,4,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 17.All of them passes Except unit 3 and 5 is a M Unit 6, 9 ,10 and 11 are DPlease could you calculate. I can’t figure out how to use
Reply 27
Put on here which units you are doing (all 13). List what grades you already have and for which units, and I will calculate it for you.

1 2 345678910 11 12 17

All passes
3 and 5 M
6,9,10,11 D
Original post by Ali1211
1 2 345678910 11 12 17

All passes
3 and 5 M
6,9,10,11 D

I calculate you have 169 BTEC points , which works out to an overall MMM (96 UCAS points). You can double check this for yourself by using the tables on pages 309-310 of the specification; Specification - Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science
The first link below shows the specification and you can use that to work out which units you are doing (you may need to ask your teacher which optional ones are being done; https://www.rvc.ac.uk/Media/Default/study/Undergraduate/documents/BTECNat_AppSci(Biomed)_ExtDips_Spec.pdf
The second link is the BTEC grade calculator. Download the National one and fill in all of the units with the grades you already have for completed units. Then play around with the rest to calculate an overall grade; https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

Can anyone help me to calculate my grade Unit 1 -passUnit 2-merit Unit 3-pass Unit 4-distinction Unit 5-passUnit 6-distinction Unit 7-meritUnit 8- distinction Unit 12-distinction Unit 14 - distinction Unit 15-distinction Unit 17-distinction Unit 21- distinction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending