The Student Room Group

VERBAL REASONING TEST - how did you manage to pass it?

Hi all,

I’m desperate need of understanding how others pass their verbal reasoning test. Please share me your tips and tricks! Please share in much detail as possible.

Appreciate it a lot!! Thanks in advance.
Make some brief summary notes. Try reading the entire question at least twice to ensure you have fully understood it etc. Highlight the key words or parts of the question as well. I found that using a few different colours enabled me to quickly understand what I needed to do in order to pass the test.
Also be sure to focus on the number of marks awarded for each of the questions too. I recommend doing a few practice tests to allow you to quickly grasp the concept of the whole test beforehand in addition. I also discussed the exam questions after I had actually completed the test, maybe this is a useful strategy that might help you do better on top of that.
Focus. Good luck. I hope that this is useful to you. Do remember to read the question at least twice as a wise precaution fully before answering it. Take your time. There is a useful one found on the National Career Site that you can attempt in your own time, I began by doing that one. Follow my useful bits of advice and you will surely ace your test no doubt about it in my mind.
I think it can be well worth going to a library and borrowing 2 or 3 books on how to pass the reasoning tests. I think the one I've used is called 'Brilliant Passing' but not 100% sure. Its worth working through easy examples first to get into the mindset the tests look for and then move onto harder examples.

In general I read the question before the passage as this makes it easier to identify which things to look out for and not over-focus.
Reply 3
QUOTE=tinyperson;97097669]Make some brief summary notes. Try reading the entire question at least twice to ensure you have fully understood it etc. Highlight the key words or parts of the question as well. I found that using a few different colours enabled me to quickly understand what I needed to do in order to pass the test.
Also be sure to focus on the number of marks awarded for each of the questions too. I recommend doing a few practice tests to allow you to quickly grasp the concept of the whole test beforehand in addition. I also discussed the exam questions after I had actually completed the test, maybe this is a useful strategy that might help you do better on top of that.
Focus. Good luck. I hope that this is useful to you. Do remember to read the question at least twice as a wise precaution fully before answering it. Take your time. There is a useful one found on the National Career Site that you can attempt in your own time, I began by doing that one. Follow my useful bits of advice and you will surely ace your test no doubt about it in my mind..

The fact that there is another site that offers assessments like verbal reasoning skills assessments . This just shows there is actually more help out there! Thanks a lot for that. I’m going to try and highlight key words as well as what I don’t understand so if I get it wrong then I will work on it to understand why I got it wrong. Thanks for your help it, was very informative. I will do an update soon.
Original post by Hay-Lee
Hi all,

I’m desperate need of understanding how others pass their verbal reasoning test. Please share me your tips and tricks! Please share in much detail as possible.

Appreciate it a lot!! Thanks in advance.

Hey! I find it very difficult to complete verbal reasoning tests, try have a look on graduates first, I found them when doing applications and they helped me to get more familiar with psychometric tests. Good Luck and dont worry practise makes perfect :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending