The Student Room Group

Can i back out of an apprenticeship

i am due to start a 3yr degree apprenticeship in DTS in August. due to external circumstances, there is a slight chance i may not be able to do the apprenticeship. i have not signed a contract but i have sent a confirmation of email confirming my place. everything is also confirmed from the training provider's side. is there possibility for any issues if i choose not to do the apprenticeship? of course in this situation, the employer will receive a 2-4 weeks notice or so.
Reply 1
Original post by *T_H*
i am due to start a 3yr degree apprenticeship in DTS in August. due to external circumstances, there is a slight chance i may not be able to do the apprenticeship. i have not signed a contract but i have sent a confirmation of email confirming my place. everything is also confirmed from the training provider's side. is there possibility for any issues if i choose not to do the apprenticeship? of course in this situation, the employer will receive a 2-4 weeks notice or so.

Even if you signed a contract all you’d have to do is ask how to withdraw your acceptance as they usually have exit methods.

Just email them saying you want to withdraw and they’ll tell you how/what the next steps are. More often than not you won’t even have to do anything, especially considering how you haven’t even started yet
Original post by *T_H*

You will be able to withdraw without a problem. However, out of consideration, you should give them as much notice as possible, if possible explain your reasons and apologise for the inconvenience.
From a company’s point of view, quite a lot of work goes into recruiting and setting up all the training arrangements. People understand that sometimes plans have to change, so if you treat them with consideration and explain, they will understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending