The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Clearing Questions

Hello all,

Results day is rapidly coming up and talk of university and clearing is upon us. If you are anything like I was, you will be incredibly nervous but also feeling excitement. It is totally normal to feel an array of emotions at this time, just gather all the information that you need and reach out for support if you need it!

I have created this thread so you can ask any questions you have or even if you just want advice or reassurance.
Whether you are a YSJ offer holder, considering joining us or just looking for a friendly face, let's all join together.

Lydia :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, I wanted to ask about accommodation. I know offers started to be sent on the 12 July but I’ve not heard yet. Is this common?
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by lou-mc
Hi, I wanted to ask about accommodation. I know offers started to be sent on the 12 July but I’ve not heard yet. Is this common?

Hello,

Some people do get offers before others so it could just be a matter of waiting but I am unsure of the given wait period.

I would recommend you email [email protected], give them your name and any reference number you have and they will look into it for you. Always best to double check if you're not sure.

Which site are you hoping for?

Reply 3
Hi thanks for your reply. I got my offer today it’s Lang house which wasn’t any of my options. I’m really disappointed as I’ve read some bad reviews.
Original post by lou-mc
Hi thanks for your reply. I got my offer today it’s Lang house which wasn’t any of my options. I’m really disappointed as I’ve read some bad reviews.

Hello,

I am glad you have now received your offer.

Is Lang House in the Grange? This accommodation site has recieved great feedback from my friends and have had a great experience there. The houses have a great community and it can produce a lot of friendships. They also have a great grass space which is lovely to enjoy in the last term in the sun.

I think it can carry a bad rep but it is an unearned one as it really surprised me over the three years!

Reply 5
Do you know if you go in a partner provider if you are out with other YSJ students?
Original post by lou-mc
Do you know if you go in a partner provider if you are out with other YSJ students?

Hello,

If it is a partner that is listed on our website such as Brickworks, everyone will be a YSJ student.
If it is not on our accommodation page it can have a mix of YSJ or Uni of York. I do not know how these providers allocate flats but it could be grouped by university.

However, if you are unsure of the uni allocated option, if you are close enough, you could come to our August open day. If it is open for tours, you can have a look round and may change your mind. If not the accommodation team will be there and you could chat to students who stayed in that site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending