Optometry at Huddersfield Q&A

Scroll to see replies

how did you get through pre-reg?
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by Optomstudent256
Third year student here (from September)
I’ll try answer all questions I can!

Original post by opto_101
how did you get through pre-reg?

I’m starting third year in September
What things did you put in your personal statement? For example did you put about work experience, if so how did you arrange this? Also, did you do super curricular activities like further reading and did you mention that in your personal statement?
Anyone doing Optom at Hudds this September?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone doing Optom at Hudds this September?

not worth it, i did, drop out

any particular reason?

did you go to another uni?

did you drop out and then apply to another uni?
What kind of a level grades do people on the course have ?
Original post by Aathira N
any particular reason?

^ need to know because its my firm uni and now id appreciate to hear what anon has to say
Original post by Aathira N
any particular reason?

Staff only cover their backs and not students. No placement year= no experience
Staff only cover their backs and not students. No placement year= no experience

can you elaborate on this? about placement year theyve got their own eye clinic now
^ need to know because its my firm uni and now id appreciate to hear what anon has to say

They dont care about students, you complain but always in staffs favour. you get no placement year either so no experience.
did you drop out and then apply to another uni?

i tried, i asked and they didnt support my application, looking at something else now.
can you elaborate on this? about placement year theyve got their own eye clinic now

they have their own eye clinic but you do see patients. they get people from public there. there are no full time external placements
they have their own eye clinic but you do see patients. they get people from public there. there are no full time external placements

what uni did you apply to after you dropped out?
They dont care about students, you complain but always in staffs favour. you get no placement year either so no experience.

is this with regards to an exam/assignment? they may have acted that way due to the provisional goc approval which they achieved
what uni did you apply to after you dropped out?

still looking through clearing for something else
Did you do the foundation year ( science extended degree) or did you directly get in via A-levels?

other optom courses like bradford operate similarly to huddersfield in terms of hospital placements in 3rd year. i dont think optom as a course is one that offers full time placements like that tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending