The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Optometry at Huddersfield Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
i tried, i asked and they didnt support my application, looking at something else now.

man, they shouldve supported you. you still look into optom? or optom @ another uni? best of luck :smile:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by Aathira N
Did you do the foundation year ( science extended degree) or did you directly get in via A-levels?

sed
man, they shouldve supported you. you still look into optom? or optom @ another uni? best of luck :smile:

I Know, they dont care
You get a small hospital placement in third year + the eye clinic which is opening properly next year. Optom in most unis don’t offer a year long placement, that’s essentially what prereg is & staff do help when you ask, more than my friend at Bradford have received lol
what would say is the best way or taking notes for optom, on computer or paper? thanks :smile:
Original post by OptomStudent4452
Hi Guys I'm a second-year Optometry student from the University of Bradford, I was looking to tutor some students over the summer to help keep my knowledge fresh and benefit others. I am open to answering any questions anyone has.
:smile:

I’m a first year student at bradford uni, I’m wondering what happens if you fail first year. I’m still waiting for my resit results.
Original post by Optomstudent256
Good luck, the SED always has around 150-160+ students and everyone wants optometry or pharmacy 😬

Oh gosh! That sounds like such a risky bet to make on oneself! I'm having doubts about doing the SED now :frown:
Was that the route you took to get onto Optometry?
Wasn’t difficult at all, was just A level stuff regurgitated. Might find some maths things a bit difficult if you haven’t done it but aside from that it’s easy

What if it has been 5 years since you did any Science subjects? Would it be difficult?
I had to make a personal statement but there was no interview I was let straight on

What A-level grades did you get?
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m a first year student at bradford uni, I’m wondering what happens if you fail first year. I’m still waiting for my resit results.

You have to resit the year again
Original post by Philip-flop
Oh gosh! That sounds like such a risky bet to make on oneself! I'm having doubts about doing the SED now :frown:
Was that the route you took to get onto Optometry?

Yep, it’s so able but you’ll have to work really hard, College access courses are a better way if you’re eligible for that
Original post by Philip-flop
What if it has been 5 years since you did any Science subjects? Would it be difficult?

They ease you into it so it’s not too bad, but it’ll take a lot of effort and work
They dont care about students, you complain but always in staffs favour. you get no placement year either so no experience.

Which uni is this please?
Which uni is this please?

Lol honestly ignore the post. There are no year long placements in Optometry, that's essentially what the pre-reg is for. They had a bad experience at a uni and are trying to put other people off too.
how hard is it to secure a pre-reg?
Third year student here (from September)
I’ll try answer all questions I can!

how hard is it to secure a pre-reg? (I am a second year student)
Original post by Aathira N
Ah ok thank you, I have an offer for the SED, which is deferred entry for 2023, just wanted to know how competitive it was.

Hey, I have also applied for the SED course for 2023. I just completed the SED test and I'm a bit worried about the results. How did urs go xx
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi,
Is it possible to get a pre Reg position with no oA experience?

how did u do in ur a levels, do you live in huddersfield i dont know if i can is it not scary

hi how is the accommodation there did you do a foundation year, how did you get in like with what grades, i have just been rejected from the only uni i wanted to go to so im trying to look at different options and huddersfield might be one can u give me any advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending