The Student Room Group

Explore Learning interview

Hi I’ve already completed a video interview for explore learning and have been invited to do another interview virtually (this time with someone on the other side). What questions do they ask and how long does it take for them to get back to you after it’s done?

Scroll to see replies

Hey take a look at this thread its quite old but all the answers are relevant because I used the exact questions from the thread for my video interview to practise and they came up- check out both pages because their's someone who gives some answers that are really good
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6689624
lol i feel you im currently waiting to be let in to my live interview
Reply 2
Original post by sorrymenotyou
Hey take a look at this thread its quite old but all the answers are relevant because I used the exact questions from the thread for my video interview to practise and they came up- check out both pages because their's someone who gives some answers that are really good
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6689624
lol i feel you im currently waiting to be let in to my live interview

Thank you and good luck!! Mines also today.
just finished mine- what time is yours- the questions are really nice and so are the people- they just ask you why explore- how would you want a child to view you/what relationship- how would you want parents to see you working with a child- how would you deal with not knowing something after the training- how would you support a child who comes in not seeming like they're okay- the interview is really nice, don't sweat it and good luck to you too!
I did my video interview last week and I'm waiting to see if they let me take a live one. I'm wondering how long it took for them to get back to you for the live interview
Original post by cooldude75
I did my video interview last week and I'm waiting to see if they let me take a live one. I'm wondering how long it took for them to get back to you for the live interview

they say a fourteen day time period- i'd say for me they took like ten days or so and they did the same for a friend of mine who applied at the same time as me- hope that helps
just finished mine- what time is yours- the questions are really nice and so are the people- they just ask you why explore- how would you want a child to view you/what relationship- how would you want parents to see you working with a child- how would you deal with not knowing something after the training- how would you support a child who comes in not seeming like they're okay- the interview is really nice, don't sweat it and good luck to you too!

That's great to hear. I'm wondering how long it takes fir them to get back to you tho cuz I completed my video interview last week and im waiting for a response and Im kind of nervous since idk if it went that well. So if you could let me know how long it took them to invite you for a live interview it would be great
That's great to hear. I'm wondering how long it takes fir them to get back to you tho cuz I completed my video interview last week and im waiting for a response and Im kind of nervous since idk if it went that well. So if you could let me know how long it took them to invite you for a live interview it would be great

hey dude i think i replied about that x - it literally takes nearly the entire fourteen day period- i was thinking the same because their reply came so late but it's the same for everyone- just wait for it to come and don't stress- you'll be fine I thought i messed mine up and I had to send them an email saying that I answered one of the questions wrong cuz i read it wrong but they basically said it doesn't matter and you can't get any worse than answering the wrong question- and yet I've gotten the job- you'll be fine
hey dude i think i replied about that x - it literally takes nearly the entire fourteen day period- i was thinking the same because their reply came so late but it's the same for everyone- just wait for it to come and don't stress- you'll be fine I thought i messed mine up and I had to send them an email saying that I answered one of the questions wrong cuz i read it wrong but they basically said it doesn't matter and you can't get any worse than answering the wrong question- and yet I've gotten the job- you'll be fine

Thank you that really helped a lot. Im just hoping they reply soon since I am going on holiday soon and I dont want them to have to schedule it while Im away if its in person cuz I would really like the job. But if its a video face to face one then it shouldnt be much of problem. But thank you once again and congrats on the job. Are you in yr11 by any chance.
Thank you that really helped a lot. Im just hoping they reply soon since I am going on holiday soon and I dont want them to have to schedule it while Im away if its in person cuz I would really like the job. But if its a video face to face one then it shouldnt be much of problem. But thank you once again and congrats on the job. Are you in yr11 by any chance.

thanks nah dw it's not going to be face to face all interviews currently are online and if you're on holiday they would work round that- yup year eleven and DON'T MENTION RESULTS DAY because we don't talk about it- although are you excited for results day lol
thanks nah dw it's not going to be face to face all interviews currently are online and if you're on holiday they would work round that- yup year eleven and DON'T MENTION RESULTS DAY because we don't talk about it- although are you excited for results day lol

What qualifications are they asking for?
Original post by Muttley79
What qualifications are they asking for?

none really
i don't really have any qualifications cuz ive only just finished year eleven tbh as long as you can do maths and english that you can teach to 4-14 yr olds then you're fine- if you're thinking cv wise then what i put on there was pretty basic- i was in student forum representing the year group in school- i tutored my younger brother who is going to do eleven plus etc basically just sound pretentious and it doesn't matter if the only thing you've done is be a school librarian- even if you havent you could just put it down or make up that you were part of a buddy mentoring system in school where you taught another person- they did that in my school for us to teach year nines so i used that- but they're not going to check i don't think
none really
i don't really have any qualifications cuz ive only just finished year eleven

That's pretty shocking - do parents know their 'tutor' only has GCSEs?

Ok that's a relief then. And I wouldnt say excited I just wish it would come quickly so we can get it over with yk
Reply 14

Mines at 4 today! I’m so nervous 😭
Reply 15

By the way did they tell you how long it would take them to get back to you?
Reply 16
hi. just got invited for my video interview. kinda nervous and idek if tutoring's for me. why do you think the interviews are online instead of irl. cos of covid of juss cos its easier?
Reply 17
Original post by pk027
hi. just got invited for my video interview. kinda nervous and idek if tutoring's for me. why do you think the interviews are online instead of irl. cos of covid of juss cos its easier?

Easier and it maybe due to the heatwave as well.
Reply 18
guyss
did you wear formal clothes like a blazer for the video interview or is it not a big deal as long as its modest / appropriate ?

been reading this whole thread and then began raging when I saw results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending