The Student Room Group

City of London Academies Highgate Hill (Islington) and Shoreditch Park (Hackney)

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone actually heard back. They said a few weeks, a few weeks ago. How many offers are they giving out?
Does anyone know what GCSE grades most people in ICL currently have achieved? Is it all people with 9s and have done well in interviews or perhaps some have a few more 8s but were impressive in their interview to compensate. Also does anyone know if it is heavily oversubscribed with long waiting lists? And if GCSE’s turn out better than predicted grades then can people apply on results day? Thanks!
Reply 62
Original post by Iqraiaych
Does anyone know what GCSE grades most people in ICL currently have achieved? Is it all people with 9s and have done well in interviews or perhaps some have a few more 8s but were impressive in their interview to compensate. Also does anyone know if it is heavily oversubscribed with long waiting lists? And if GCSE’s turn out better than predicted grades then can people apply on results day? Thanks!

Replied on the other thread lol but there is also HCS. Maybe u want to apply there but I don’t think it’s as good. speaking to both ICS and HCS ppl ICS seem to offer so many more opportunities and the students speak more highly of ICS. Someone from HCS said it’s a good place but they don’t really offer u all the extras Don’t take my word for it but it’s is odd if they are the same thing but different. Ig it’s like LAE, both different.

Grades vary! Our school is looking for potential tbh, grades aren’t everything (but good grades help)

Oversubscribed every year

You can apply on results day, but it’s very very difficult to get a spot unless you’re really great I think!

Good luck I’m an ICS student so happy to answer Qs
Original post by DanyTeasing

Grades vary! Our school is looking for potential tbh, grades aren’t everything (but good grades help)

You can apply on results day, but it’s very very difficult to get a spot unless you’re really great I think!

Would u suggest applying to HCS
Original post by Kingsterking
Would u suggest applying to HCS

Depends on the type of person you are HCS is more laid back; ICS is more bold.
Depends on the type of person you are HCS is more laid back; ICS is more bold.

I see…. the vibe is different. What do I mean by bold?

If you don’t mind, are you in year 12 or 13?

Also what subjects are you taking?

I’m planning on biology, chemistry and maths next year. My current school greatly discouraged all students from doing 4 A Levels because it’s apparently “useless”.
Is it compulsory to do 4 a levels at ICL and do they offer doing an EPQ?
If you don’t mind, are you in year 12 or 13?
Also what subjects are you taking?
I’m planning on biology, chemistry and maths next year. My current school greatly discouraged all students from doing 4 A Levels because it’s apparently “useless”.
Is it compulsory to do 4 a levels at ICL and do they offer doing an EPQ?

I asked this. I know they make u do 4 to begin. Most people drop to 3 in January Y12. If u do FM they want u to keep 4 where possible.

EPQ they can offer but don’t routinely as apparently they do something else where u write an essay marked by a professor or smth
Original post by Kingsterking
I asked this. I know they make u do 4 to begin. Most people drop to 3 in January Y12. If u do FM they want u to keep 4 where possible.
EPQ they can offer but don’t routinely as apparently they do something else where u write an essay marked by a professor or smth

Yes they make u do 4.

Current students, what are the subject blocks? Any subjects you can’t study together?
Does anyone know what the career guidance interview is about, what to expect, if any applicants this year have already had them etc? Any advice perhaps?
Does anyone know what the career guidance interview is about, what to expect, if any applicants this year have already had them etc? Any advice perhaps?

They ask u hard questions on your essay basically
Current ICS student here’s my advice:

Read over your essay and maybe get your friend to ask Qs on it which are debatable

Consider your key personal qualities and make sure to convey them

Be genuine, be thoughtful, be unique

Everyone is really nice. Just be yourself. They introduce you to current students to put you at ease. The students and teachers seem to have a good relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending