The Student Room Group

woodhouse or LaSWAP?

im a current year 11 student living in hackney, and time is running out to choose a sixth form/college

while i have offers from LAE and mossbourne too, im only really interested in going to woodhouse or LaSWAP
i'm leaning towards LaSWAP as i enjoyed the taster day a lot more, but there are any LaSWAP students on here, i have a few worries:

- is it very 'independent' or do you get support from the teachers?
- does it matter what schools you end up getting taught in?
--> (e.g will i get a better maths education if i'm taught at LSU vs WE)
- are the students there enthusiastic or do you find that they are uninterested?

also if anyone on here studies comp sci or further maths at LaSWAP, is the teaching good and do you find you have to do most of your work at home or in class?
Reply 1
I think wood house but laswap is pretty popular. It may just be my area but laswap is a lot inclusive but that might just be taht a lot of ppl from my school don’t know too much abt woodhouse
Reply 2
Original post by spidergeorg
im a current year 11 student living in hackney, and time is running out to choose a sixth form/college

while i have offers from LAE and mossbourne too, im only really interested in going to woodhouse or LaSWAP
i'm leaning towards LaSWAP as i enjoyed the taster day a lot more, but there are any LaSWAP students on here, i have a few worries:

- is it very 'independent' or do you get support from the teachers?
- does it matter what schools you end up getting taught in?
--> (e.g will i get a better maths education if i'm taught at LSU vs WE)
- are the students there enthusiastic or do you find that they are uninterested?

also if anyone on here studies comp sci or further maths at LaSWAP, is the teaching good and do you find you have to do most of your work at home or in class?

dont know if anyone really cares, but i chose LaSWAP, its actually pretty good: lots of freedom, walking distance from kentish town and camden market the teaching is good for the most part and i spend most of my day in hampstead heath which is a win in my book.

however do be weary of the 'consortium' concept as teaching does differ from school to school, different schools are covering courses at different paces, and teach different things in form, etc. but all in all would definitely reccomend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending