The Student Room Group

A Level Remarking 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by X1X_
Thank you!! I shall go ahead with it then :smile:

Good luck. I hope you get your much deserved A*.
Reply 21
Just to check, I can request a review of marking for each particular paper right? It's not the full 3 papers they're remarking?
Original post by X1X_
Just to check, I can request a review of marking for each particular paper right? It's not the full 3 papers they're remarking?

Yeah that's right. You would need to specify which papers you want to be remarked though
I was 1 mark off an A in AQA AS physics and I believe I will need the A for a shot at oxbridge. I sent in a remark (not priority to be courteous to those who has uni places riding on remarks) but what is the chance of getting that singular mark?
Reply 24
Original post by asbadhmtc
I was 1 mark off an A in AQA AS physics and I believe I will need the A for a shot at oxbridge. I sent in a remark (not priority to be courteous to those who has uni places riding on remarks) but what is the chance of getting that singular mark?

I don't think Oxbridge (or Cambridge at least) cares about AS level (for context, I applied to Cambridge without doing AS, but my predicted were A*A*A*. Still got rejected in the end because I underperformed on my interview stage). Best thing would have been to request a copy of your papers first and have your teacher/subject department take a look to see if any marks could be squeezed out. But it's still worth a shot!
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone else feeling so down about waiting for remarks? I'm finding it so hard to find the motivation to revise for the UCAT though I know how important it is.:frown:
Original post by asbadhmtc

Good chance but clue is in chance?
Has anyone received their remark results back? It’s been over the week since the remarking has been requested.
Original post by Sofia555
Has anyone received their remark results back? It’s been over the week since the remarking has been requested.

Nope, not heard anything at all. This is such a frustrating wait- it's so hard to be patient and focus on other things:frown:
Original post by Jessi2004
Nope, not heard anything at all. This is such a frustrating wait- it's so hard to be patient and focus on other things:frown:

OCR's are coming back now but AQA last as usual.
Original post by Sofia555

Patiently (not!) waiting for my AQA remark result to come back. Day 8 today 😭
I appealed for my Educas Law Paper 2 to have a priority review of marking on results day (18th August). I lost out on my firm choice meaning I have to go to my insurance if this doesn't work out. I got a C ( 4 marks off a B) but this isn't my standard at all. There are 3 exams for my law a level and I got A stars in 2 of them and a U in Paper 2 (5 marks out of 75, despite the content being the same to revise). This averaged my whole A Level law grade to be a C, causing me to miss out on my dream university. I have been told by many that this grade is completely absurd and I should appeal. I almost instantly appealed for a priority review of marking - which cost £60 of my own money even though nothing is my fault. I do realise I will be refunded this if my grade changes but this is unfair for those who can't afford it. Whoever I ring or email, I am told the same thing, wait. Honestly there is little support for people in our position, especially since there is a Bank holiday and a weekend. Universities should extend the deadline if priority reviews take 15 days so people like us can be given a chance. I just hope it all gets sorted before the 31st as I only need 4 more marks to get into my firm. Good luck to u tho...

Edit: also I haven't heard many people talking about my exam board - it's mainly about ocr and aqa..
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by AndrewWiggins22
Patiently (not!) waiting for my AQA remark result to come back. Day 8 today 😭

I feel your pain. Fingers crossed it comes soon..
Original post by ...12345
I appealed for my Educas Law Paper 2 to have a priority review of marking on results day (18th August). I lost out on my firm choice meaning I have to go to my insurance if this doesn't work out. I got a C ( 4 marks off a B) but this isn't my standard at all. There are 3 exams for my law a level and I got A stars in 2 of them and a U in Paper 2 (5 marks out of 75, despite the content being the same to revise). This averaged my whole A Level law grade to be a C, causing me to miss out on my dream university. I have been told by many that this grade is completely absurd and I should appeal. I almost instantly appealed for a priority review of marking - which cost £60 of my own money even though nothing is my fault. I do realise I will be refunded this if my grade changes but this is unfair for those who can't afford it. Whoever I ring or email, I am told the same thing, wait. Honestly there is little support for people in our position, especially since there is a Bank holiday and a weekend. Universities should extend the deadline if priority reviews take 15 days so people like us can be given a chance. I just hope it all gets sorted before the 31st as I only need 4 more marks to get into my firm. Good luck to u tho...

I totally agree on all points and particularly the money aspect.Son needed three papers remarked and that was money we did not have to hand without having to cut back on other things.Massive disadvantage for kids who cannot afford it.
Original post by Scotney
I totally agree on all points and particularly the money aspect.Son needed three papers remarked and that was money we did not have to hand without having to cut back on other things.Massive disadvantage for kids who cannot afford it.

Exactly. Especially with the current financial crisis, many families will be trying to afford food and heating rather than a paper remark. It's truly a messed up system
Original post by ...12345
Exactly. Especially with the current financial crisis, many families will be trying to afford food and heating rather than a paper remark. It's truly a messed up system

Very much so and even with his mark going up we only got a refund on one of the two papers in that subject.Rip off merchants!
Original post by Anonymous0504
i did A level physics (ocr) and maths (edexcel). i’m a few marks off for each for the grades i need for my firm. if i send for remarking what are my chances of getting more marks. i need 5 for physics and 2 for maths

Heya!
I would recommend asking for the paperback first if possible and going through the answers with your teachers (you can do that with Edexcel, not too sure about OCR). From experience (in my own year for people who did appeal for remark), people got around 2-5 marks up but I'm not too sure how common it is so I would not say to 100% expect marks up if you do appeal for a remark, sometimes they mark you down even instead. I would say try doing a priority review and see what happens or you could try asking UCL about clearing :smile:

I hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by Scotney

If more then one review of marking is ordered for a subject at one time and a change in marks make the grade go up the majority of boards do refund both fees. Which board was this with?
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend asking for the paperback first if possible and going through the answers with your teachers (you can do that with Edexcel, not too sure about OCR). From experience (in my own year for people who did appeal for remark), people got around 2-5 marks up but I'm not too sure how common it is so I would not say to 100% expect marks up if you do appeal for a remark, sometimes they mark you down even instead. I would say try doing a priority review and see what happens or you could try asking UCL about clearing :smile:

You can't have a priority review with OCR if you have previously ordered a script - and the deadline for priority reviews for all boards for A level has already passed anyway (25 August).
The majority of reviews don't change the mark at all - I've seen thousands over the years and I'd be surprised if more than 20% change, so please don't keep giving this impression that most will go up by 2-5 marks. It just gives false hope and causes people to waste money.
Original post by EBluebear
If more then one review of marking is ordered for a subject at one time and a change in marks make the grade go up the majority of boards do refund both fees. Which board was this with?

WJEC Geography.

Quick Reply

Latest