The Student Room Group

A Level Remarking 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EBluebear
You can't have a priority review with OCR if you have previously ordered a script - and the deadline for priority reviews for all boards for A level has already passed anyway (25 August).
The majority of reviews don't change the mark at all - I've seen thousands over the years and I'd be surprised if more than 20% change, so please don't keep giving this impression that most will go up by 2-5 marks. It just gives false hope and causes people to waste money.

I would say 20%was quite a large proportion. It is one in 5.Two of sons grades went up but they were very close to margin. Honestly after all the effort kids put in this margin of error is far too high. They are paid to mark them and should do better than this. Also at this point if your uni place depends on it what choice do you have? I do not think most people on this thread are under any illusion that an upgrade is a given
Original post by Scotney
WJEC Geography.

In that case you should get a refund of all the reviews of marking requested for a subject when the grade changed https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/p1rfe3mr/prs-fees-june-2022.pdf
Original post by EBluebear
In that case you should get a refund of all the reviews of marking requested for a subject when the grade changed https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/p1rfe3mr/prs-fees-june-2022.pdf

Well we didn't but good to know for future students.
Reply 43
So my review of marking came back and I lost a mark in total instead of gaining 3 marks as expected (paper 1 lost two marks, paper 2 gained one mark). I am considering appealing (there don't seem to be any extra costs).

If theoretically I applied for a clerical recheck after the review of marking, would they use the original script instead of the new one? Because I found they miscounted my paper 1 (I'm an idiot for not counting the papers first) and I could have guaranteed that extra mark if I just submitted paper 1 for a clerical recheck.
Original post by X1X_
So my review of marking came back and I lost a mark in total instead of gaining 3 marks as expected (paper 1 lost two marks, paper 2 gained one mark). I am considering appealing (there don't seem to be any extra costs).

If theoretically I applied for a clerical recheck after the review of marking, would they use the original script instead of the new one? Because I found they miscounted my paper 1 (I'm an idiot for not counting the papers first) and I could have guaranteed that extra mark if I just submitted paper 1 for a clerical recheck.

Oh, I'm not sure. Have you tried asking the exams officer at school? You could also get in contact with the exam board?
Reply 45
Anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by X1X_

There are significant costs for appealing and very limited grounds for a successful appeal

This page from Edexcel will give you an idea, all examiners follow similar processes and charge broadly similar fees
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/post-results-services.html#%2Ftab-Appeals%20
Original post by H160
Anyone heard anything yet?

Nope
Original post by Anonymous0504
i did A level physics (ocr) and maths (edexcel). i’m a few marks off for each for the grades i need for my firm. if i send for remarking what are my chances of getting more marks. i need 5 for physics and 2 for maths

Did you finally get your expected grade?

Quick Reply

Latest