The Student Room Group

Repeating a year as part time student and worried about student finance.

I have to repeat a year and as I passed some modules it is being counted as part-time which I didn’t realise until now and my student finance still said I was getting the full amount but is “awaiting confirmation”. So now I’m thinking that it will get reduced to the minimum and I already have my accommodation and stuff sorted and without the full amount I will not be able to afford my accommodation or even to live at the uni.
Original post by Hickman0161
I have to repeat a year and as I passed some modules it is being counted as part-time which I didn’t realise until now and my student finance still said I was getting the full amount but is “awaiting confirmation”. So now I’m thinking that it will get reduced to the minimum and I already have my accommodation and stuff sorted and without the full amount I will not be able to afford my accommodation or even to live at the uni.

my course is a very hard course and I have more lectures a week than all my friends who are in their second year even as a part-time I’m just wondering if there is any way to appeal it if I do get put down to the minimum as my course is still very much not part time hours and it is too late now to sort out other accommodations and even if I could get the cheapest accommodation which is 5k the 4K loan part time people get still wouldn’t even cover just my rent Nevermind other living expenses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending