The Student Room Group

BAE systems 2023 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariams679
Thank you so much for your response. This is what it says on the application page for the graduate project management role.

"Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation"
so I am unsure about how the selection works. How sad ☹️ I guess this is it

Hi mariam, Did you hear anything form BAE. Can you please guide about HireVue assessment? as mine is due on 23rd sept.
Reply 341
Original post by iqra akram
Hi, My first assessment is after 3 days. Can you advice about game related questions?

the games are not very difficult. just remember to focus as some of the games will test your memory, pattern recognition, perseverance, mental maths etc. if you type in on Youtube "BAE Systems games" you'll find some examples that people have screen recorded.
Original post by A1_187
the games are not very difficult. just remember to focus as some of the games will test your memory, pattern recognition, perseverance, mental maths etc. if you type in on Youtube "BAE Systems games" you'll find some examples that people have screen recorded.

Thank you so much for your reply. My assessment is related to the​ Graduate Electronic Engineer. which will be consists on the 3 video question and 2 written question, one code related and others games related. what they will expect in code? I learnt only python and MATLAB. what kind of the questions they will ask for video question? Can you please guide?
Reply 343
Original post by iqra akram
Thank you so much for your reply. My assessment is related to the Graduate Electronic Engineer. which will be consists on the 3 video question and 2 written question, one code related and others games related. what they will expect in code? I learnt only python and MATLAB. what kind of the questions they will ask for video question? Can you please guide?

Regrettably, I don't know what coding questions you'll be asked. For the video questions you'll be asked common competency based questions e.g. name a time you worked in a team, when you had to learn something quickly, solved a problem etc.

Search online for BAE video interview questions and there's plenty of information on Youtube. If i'm not mistaken, you'll get three chances for each questions. I can't remember if I was asked written questions but i'm sure you can find information about this online too.
Original post by Hks0906
I’ve made it to the final stage for commercial graduate. If anyone wants any advice on assessments I’m happy to help!

Hiya,
I've got to submit my online video and game based assessments tomorrow for the commercial graduate programme - do you have any hints/tips for completing it? What're the questions like?

Thanks in advance
Reply 345
Original post by Jack Crossley
Hiya,
I've got to submit my online video and game based assessments tomorrow for the commercial graduate programme - do you have any hints/tips for completing it? What're the questions like?

Thanks in advance

for the games i can't really suggest anything other than to focus and if it's a game where you get unlimited tries, then don't quit immediately. There's a game where you have to press the spacebar on a lock that spins around but it get extremely fast. They want to know that you won't quit instantly,

For the video questions, it's really common competancy based questions so practice those. It might also ask "Why BAE?" but you'll get 3 tries and remember the STAR method.
Original post by A1_187
for the games i can't really suggest anything other than to focus and if it's a game where you get unlimited tries, then don't quit immediately. There's a game where you have to press the spacebar on a lock that spins around but it get extremely fast. They want to know that you won't quit instantly,

For the video questions, it's really common competancy based questions so practice those. It might also ask "Why BAE?" but you'll get 3 tries and remember the STAR method.

Thank you for that, really appreciate the help
Original post by Hks0906
I’ve made it to the final stage for commercial graduate. If anyone wants any advice on assessments I’m happy to help!

Hi! do you have any tips for online assessment? Is it hard and how many mins should we at least finish everything?
Reply 348
Original post by Hks0906
This was the case with me also, they take their time. I’ve had my final interview and it’s 6 competency and 3 technical (job/relevant skills related). Very friendly and chatty, and make the effort to get to know you

Hi, do you remember any of the competency questions? what were they like?
Has anyone got a live interview for graduate airframe 2024 sept start yet?
anybody applied for the air space degree apprenticeship
Original post by Hks0906

what questions were you asked during the final interview? were there any technical questions?
Pain in the ass company yo apply for, rejected me on "values" bro you drop bombs on kids, dont know how i could fail that moral bar.
Original post by shartm2005
anybody applied for the air space degree apprenticeship

yeh
Original post by Tango661
For anyone who may be a reserve, keep your hopes up I got my offer today after being on reserve for the last few months with a start date in two weeks

Hey! I know you posted a year ago so you may not be active but I am a reserve for Project Management, Barrow 2024 intake and I am so nervous. I want this job with all my heart. I want to remain hopeful, but feel like getting in on a reserve is uncommon. Congratulations! I hope you’re enjoying it xx
Hey - I know this is the 2023 intake but I am on the reserve list for the 2024 degree apprenticeship at Barrow for Project management.

What’s peoples experience being on the reserve list?

I feel like it’s going to be ages before I hear anything or the list is so long that I don’t get chosen. 🫣

I want this job soooo much! I’m praying I get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending