The Student Room Group

BAE systems 2023 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just got an email saying thank you for my application (completed hirevue 3-4 weeks ago), and that people will hear from them in the new year whether they have been offered an interview which will be in Jan/Feb. Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone 😊
Original post by l_umix
Just got an email saying thank you for my application (completed hirevue 3-4 weeks ago), and that people will hear from them in the new year whether they have been offered an interview which will be in Jan/Feb. Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone 😊

I got this same message through calls
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by l_umix

Did you also get a phone call informal interview in November?
Original post by l_umix

Thanks! Good luck 🤞
Original post by Missjgyp
Thanks! Good luck 🤞

do you also know you're put into tiers, since I was told this over the phone:

after phone and hirevue interview:

tier 1 = advance into final round
tier 2 (and a small minority of tier 1) = dispersed (apply for a different role within bae)
tier 3 = kicked out of application process completely

i was told I was a tier 2 applicant so I was dispersed and asked to apply for an alt role (which I did) and my application will be transferred over to the alt role

also, airframe is the most applied-for role, followed by modelling/simulation (so neither are on the bae vacancies site on gti group, not even for september) and i applied for airframe lol

oh well, it is what it is 🤣

just a heads up for yall ✌️
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey everyone, is anyone else applying for the software engineer role? I had my hirevue interview on Saturday and still waiting for a reply back. Were your interviews virtual or face to face?

applying for software as an alt role after being told I was in tier 2 for airframe (rejected from that role and dispersed into an alt role of my choice)
Reply 46
Original post by princessneet
Did you also get a phone call informal interview in November?

No, I think this isn't applicable for the programme I applied for. The next stage is just the interview in Jan/Feb :smile:
Original post by l_umix
No, I think this isn't applicable for the programme I applied for. The next stage is just the interview in Jan/Feb :smile:

good luck, wish you very well. :biggrin:
Has anyone heard anything more?
Original post by uniqueusername22
Has anyone heard anything more?

not me.
Lol

another email asking for an alternative role
Original post by princessneet
Lol

another email asking for an alternative role

What did you apply for?

I had my live interview almost 2 months ago and I'm still waiting for a response. I'm not sure if that's a normal amount of time
What did you apply for?

I had my live interview almost 2 months ago and I'm still waiting for a response. I'm not sure if that's a normal amount of time

airframe then manufacturing. now it's software

they're taking a long time because too many people want the job - _-
Has anyone had their final interview yet? I have one next week and wondering how it went for you all?
Has anyone had their final interview yet? I have one next week and wondering how it went for you all?

Good luck for the interview! What are you applying for? Mine went quite well in November but still waiting for a response.
Also got an email mid December stating that if successful, in the new year they'd invite me to a live interview taking place Jan/Feb. I'm still yet to hear back from them and we're coming towards the end of Jan now, so I'm starting to think I've been unsuccessful. Does anyone know if they'll tell you if you're unsuccessful?
Good luck for the interview! What are you applying for? Mine went quite well in November but still waiting for a response.

Thank you! I've applied for the software engineer role. How about you? Hopefully they get back to you soon
Applied for the manufacturing role and had the live interview on 17th Jan. Did anyone else hear back for this role?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by I don'tknowwww
Applied for the manufacturing role and had the live interview on 17th Jan. Did anyone else hear back for this role?

What questions did they ask you for your interview? Were they common interview questions?
Was this grad or summer intern?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending