Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

yay this thread is now a sticky. Thanks to whoever did that
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
got a suprise waiting for the 80 this morning. they've got shiny new buses!
wow really!! the old manky ones are gone??!!
Reply 23
not completely, sometimes they have put on spangly new buses, shocking, the old buses stopped working, for some unknown reason!! lol!!
ahah well they have been being used for about 20 years I bet
hows everyones day been?
Reply 25
Goooood :smile: I'm so bored right now though - trying to convince my mates to go out into town and do something big this Wednesday (damn volleyball at 7-9 pm getting in the way, though :argh:). Morrison's seemed to have a better and cheaper choice of ready made meals compared to ASDA as well, yay

How're you? :smile:
sounds good :biggrin: I used morrisons, it always seemed cheaper than ASDA.

Yes i'm fine thanks. Should probably be working on learning more Italian but I think 4 hours of lectures has worn me out on that front. I don't know what to do this evening
Reply 27
it's all about ASDA in my opinion, don't like the layout of Morrisons and whilst things might be slightly cheaper they don't seem to have as many deals on... you know where you are with ASDA :smile:
haha ASDA smartprice vodka... wheyyyyyy

first year nostaliga :frown:
used the morrisons self-service for the first time ever yesterday. got so used to the way the ASDA ones work and ended up massively confused when i realised the morrisons ones work differently! still not quite sure where the notes go in.......
:O morrisons now have self service!!! :s: weird
Oh how i love top floor tuesday mosh.
i remember that *misses mosh*. the clubs here are so ****
Reply 33
Mosh... still haven't been there. Thinking of taking my boyfriend when he comes down to visit cos he's quite into metal, assuming the basement floor still plays metal on weekends.

Looks like I might be changing course next year. Engineering or Physics... hmmm :?:
mosh is great!! definitely go. I don't know about weekends but the top floor on wednesday plays metal
trm90
Mosh... still haven't been there. Thinking of taking my boyfriend when he comes down to visit cos he's quite into metal, assuming the basement floor still plays metal on weekends.

Looks like I might be changing course next year. Engineering or Physics... hmmm :?:

isn't it you that's doing EPS or geophysics or something? you not enjoying that stuff?
Reply 36
Pocket Calculator
isn't it you that's doing EPS or geophysics or something? you not enjoying that stuff?

I'm doing geophysics and decided to switch to EPS when I got here, but Richard told me that they had to withdraw it - the two people that applied didn't make the grades! :frown:

I don't mind some of the stuff but I feel I'd be much happier having to do problem sheets, maths modules and more 'dynamic' practicals. The idea of a mapping project is totally putting me off (not a good thing considering I have to do one this year and next year) and having been in Mineralogy and Dynamic Earth, the practical aspect of looking at hand specimens and thin sections just bores me to death! That said, I'm averaging a strong first in every test / graded practical we've done; don't know how, really :s-smilie:

Having to wait a year and a half for Potential Fields, ie where the maths really steps up, is a little too long for me.

Wow, what a rant :o: All I can say is that I am ridiculously jealous of you right now :p: Wouldn't be in this mess had I formally applied to EPS before coming...!
trm90
I'm doing geophysics and decided to switch to EPS when I got here, but Richard told me that they had to withdraw it - the two people that applied didn't make the grades! :frown:haha! so there'll only ever be three people with an EPS degree from Leicester. Nice.
Reply 38
I've not heard of a trampolining club but thats not to say there isn't one.
Reply 39
There was trampolining on display in the freshers week. You might wanna contact them for more information though since these might be out of date.

Thursday 5-6 and 6-7pm
£2.50 per session

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending