The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I only sent mine yesterday 'cause I was in India until the 30th
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Will anyone be in Leicester on the 13th?
Reply 382
There's going to be a freshers' ball? I never heard anything about that before but read it on leicesterfreshers.com.
Reply 383
Zzzz09
There's going to be a freshers' ball? I never heard anything about that before but read it on leicesterfreshers.com.

Bumping my own question :p:
Zzzz09
Bumping my own question :p:

I've not heard anything about one, but I can't get onto the student union website to see if there's anything on there, it appears to be down... www.leicesterstudent.org but it won't work :sad:
yeh sorry, I think the reason no one is replying is cuz no one knows anything. I may just skip the union at night. Mosh is so much more fun anyway
If there's a fresher's ball . . . I'm totally not going.

Maybe.

I haven't seen anything anywhere, though.
Reply 387
museobsessed
yeh sorry, I think the reason no one is replying is cuz no one knows anything. I may just skip the union at night. Mosh is so much more fun anyway

The music at mosh is pretty terrible :frown:

Zanzibar is where its at haha :cool:
Reply 388
there is a new website now but it is yet to be updated
http://www.leicesterfreshers.com

Acoording to the union's facebook page, there is rumoured to be a freshers ball along with other things.
Barton1

right, thats you sussed out all in one post *sets settings to ignore*

Spoiler

Reply 390
Barton1

Ah, one of those 'if it's not my taste it's bad music' sorts.

Obviously not a musician...

And for the record the music at mosh is awesome.
Reply 391
Wow is there actually any info anywhere on what is going on during freshers this year? are there any bands playing etc? starting to feel a bit sorry for this year's freshers, the SU seems to be a bit of a mess from all the changes going on.
I'm quite excited about the idea of Mosh, i need a club that doesn't only play N-Dubz or Flo-Rida.
Reply 393
Mosh is pretty much the staple alternative night in Leicester. There is an 'indie' room in Zanzibar although with the change in student nights etc I don't know if that will continue. There's also a more 'extreme' night called Redeemer, never been though so don't know much about it.

Mosh does get a bit old once you start to correctly guess which song is going to come on next though, it's worth trekking up to Nottingham to go to the Rock City student nights for a change of scenery.
Reply 394
Thanks for the replies regarding the freshers ball thing ppl. :smile:
jonzza
There's also a more 'extreme' night called Redeemer, never been though so don't know much about it.

is that the new name for Retribution?

Tuesday mosh top floor is great for electro/techno/DnB. bottom floor saturday plays ska and funk. was a big fan of them.

really want to get more involved in the electronica scene as well as the ska/reggae/dub scene, assuming they still exist.
Should I bother with buying a freshers pass?
acid8000
Should I bother with buying a freshers pass?

what's one of them? we never had that!

doubt it's worth it to be honest
Pocket Calculator
what's one of them? we never had that!

doubt it's worth it to be honest

Sorry, they're called "Fresh Cards". Priority access* to all the events for £46, which is apparently a discount.

*Before 10:30pm :p:
Reply 399
Pocket Calculator

really want to get more involved in the electronica scene as well as the ska/reggae/dub scene, assuming they still exist.

Saw a poster in TJs today for an Iration Steppas night suprisingly taking place at the Uni, you might want to check it out for some heavy dub music! Also I hear they have ska bands quite often at The Donkey on Welford Road near Homebase, never been myself but have heard good things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending