The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

The Leicester University chat thread

Scroll to see replies

QwentyJ
Mainly the Xmas balls for the respective halls. But you've missed that boat. The summer balls are in two parts I think. The halls ones anyway, but you don't need to dress up for those

The actual Uni summer ball is casual during the day and then smart at night! This year, for example,I will be wearing my Kilt!

Nice one, and thanks for the reply!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 581
No worries.
Summer ball is so expensive
Thanks for the replies, and just one other question :P. I know there's an image of students going out clubbing every other night, but does everybody go clubbing? I mean I'd go occasionally as I'm not some kind of recluse and probably will during fresher's, but on the whole I'm not a massive fan of clubbing and prefer going to pubs/bars.
have you seen other people asking that on this forum? its a very common question (we need a uni FAQ, srsly)
People at uni go out as much as they want to go out, theres massive variation. In first year some people went out every night, some people once a week, some people hardly ever. Theres always going to be people who go out more than you and people who go out less, so nobody ever feels left out
Reply 585
Achilles91
Thanks for the replies, and just one other question :P. I know there's an image of students going out clubbing every other night, but does everybody go clubbing? I mean I'd go occasionally as I'm not some kind of recluse and probably will during fresher's, but on the whole I'm not a massive fan of clubbing and prefer going to pubs/bars.

During freshers' if you don't go clubbing you WILL be alone, but come the end of the first semester people tend to hang out with people with similar interests. I'd say a lot of students like to go clubbing occasionally like you say so you'll be okay. Probably less students who don't like clubbing at all though.

Most of all, just be open minded and meet as many people as possible :yep:
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, it's not that I refuse to go clubbing outright or anything - more that I prefer bars and pubs. :beer:
Achilles91

I don't go clubbing ever, I feel really uncomfortable in crowded places and can't actually stand being in a club.. so yeah I was a bit on my own in Freshers, but I had a friend who didn't go out either because her student money didn't come through til the following week, so I just hung out with her. Plus I had society social evenings and stuff like that so I just went alone to those, it was more low key :smile:
Reply 588
Hey guys what accommodation would you recommend for a first time student?
Reply 589
Mudya
Hey guys what accommodation would you recommend for a first time student?

GMS, personally. :awesome:
Reply 590
QwentyJ
GMS, personally. :awesome:

I can't seem to register for the accommodation online and its really starting to annoy me
Reply 591
Mudya
I can't seem to register for the accommodation online and its really starting to annoy me

Have you sent them an e-mail? The accomodation office that is?
Reply 592
QwentyJ
Have you sent them an e-mail? The accomodation office that is?

Yes, about a week ago, and there is still no reply. I can’t register because it says my email address isn’t valid and I've tried every email address I have!
There must be something wrong with the email addresses I’m using…
Reply 593
Mudya
Yes, about a week ago, and there is still no reply. I can’t register because it says my email address isn’t valid and I've tried every email address I have!
There must be something wrong with the email addresses I’m using…

Hmm, have you also tried phoning?
Reply 594
QwentyJ
Hmm, have you also tried phoning?

No I actually haven’t, I’m definitely going to ring tomorrow.
Reply 595
Mudya
No I actually haven’t, I’m definitely going to ring tomorrow.

Pas probleme! :smile:
Has anyone spoken to or heard from Louisedotcom recently? Because I really need to talk to her and ask her some questions. :s-smilie:
I'd rather be in beaumont than GMS personally, but :biggrin:
Reply 598
Elements
Has anyone spoken to or heard from Louisedotcom recently? Because I really need to talk to her and ask her some questions. :s-smilie:

Can't say that I have....sorry. :sad:
Elements

Actually no worries, no need to now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending