The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2023 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yuliyu
I see. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that some of the documents started showing up as “received” instead of “received - not yet verified” underneath them. So I’m assuming somebody has actually looked at the application. The only materials that still say “received - not yet verified” are the transcripts that I sent. These transcripts appear at the bottom, but I’m sure that’s because the stuff that I submitted is ordered alphabetically.
Do other folks see “received” or “received - not yet verified” for their documents? Might be an interesting experiment.

Hi,
Applied on the 25th of October, all items are still "received - not yet verified".
Maybe it depends on the department which is handling your application mine is School of Public Policy.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by yuliyu
I see. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that some of the documents started showing up as “received” instead of “received - not yet verified” underneath them. So I’m assuming somebody has actually looked at the application. The only materials that still say “received - not yet verified” are the transcripts that I sent. These transcripts appear at the bottom, but I’m sure that’s because the stuff that I submitted is ordered alphabetically.

Do other folks see “received” or “received - not yet verified” for their documents? Might be an interesting experiment.

Only my additional documents and administration fee are on "received". I submitted my application not so long ago (the 22nd) so I assume your documents have been checked already and your response will hopefully follow soon :smile: Best of luck! What course have you applied to?
Original post by LouisEros
Hi,
Applied on the 25th of October, all items are still "received - not yet verified".
Maybe it depends on the department which is handling your application mine is School of Public Policy.

Even if it reads "received - not yet verified", it may be the case that the assessors have already seen our documents and the activity didn't get updated on the portal yet. Since you applied very early, it is very possible that they have already checked your documents and will make a decision soon!
(edited 1 year ago)
Any applicants to Department of Statistics? Care to share your results? Unsure if I should try applying since my results are not stellar and not from a name school…
wanna ask if I stand a chance, I have a first class degree in actuarial science from Heriot Watt University but only have a 71% wam
Original post by Anonymous
Any applicants to Department of Statistics? Care to share your results? Unsure if I should try applying since my results are not stellar and not from a name school…

Depends on the MSc you're interested in. Which are you aiming for? And I'm assuming you haven't applied yet?
Depends on the MSc you're interested in. Which are you aiming for? And I'm assuming you haven't applied yet?

Looking to enrol in MSc Stats, not yet..
Looking to enrol in MSc Stats, not yet..

Yeah, that's a pretty competitive MSc (in fact, it's actually one of the most competitive MSc programs in LSE due to the small cohort the department targets relative to the amount of applicants, and not many know about this), so I guess the key to being accepted is to apply early and hope for the best, since LSE uses a rolling admissions approach. If you haven't applied, I suggest you do it! Who knows, applying before Christmas is definitely better than later.
wanna ask if I stand a chance, I have a first class degree in actuarial science from Heriot Watt University but only have a 71% wam

Can anyone answer?
Yeah, that's a pretty competitive MSc (in fact, it's actually one of the most competitive MSc programs in LSE due to the small cohort the department targets relative to the amount of applicants, and not many know about this), so I guess the key to being accepted is to apply early and hope for the best, since LSE uses a rolling admissions approach. If you haven't applied, I suggest you do it! Who knows, applying before Christmas is definitely better than later.

Are you enrolled / applied to MSc Stats as well? Will you be willing to share your stats? Thanks!

a first is good but depends on what you’re applying for
Reply 52
Original post by jsfreak
Only my additional documents and administration fee are on "received". I submitted my application not so long ago (the 22nd) so I assume your documents have been checked already and your response will hopefully follow soon :smile: Best of luck! What course have you applied to?

Thanks! I applied to the MSc program in International Relations. Will update if and when I hear back.
Reply 53
Original post by dftskl
Applied for MSc Finance on the 21st of October, my application was processed and sent for consideration on the 26th of October. Yesterday (exactly 6 weeks after it was sent for consideration, maybe just a coincidence) all the "received - not yet verified" changed into "received", except for the transcripts one. I'm hoping this means the decision is going to come soon...

In my case, it has been quite a while (like 2 weeks-ish) since I realized that the documents showed up as "received." I also think it means something, but we'll wait and see. I wouldn't expect a decision right away, though, as I still haven't received anything.
Original post by yuliyu
In my case, it has been quite a while (like 2 weeks-ish) since I realized that the documents showed up as "received." I also think it means something, but we'll wait and see. I wouldn't expect a decision right away, though, as I still haven't received anything.

Did you get any email update when your status changed, or did you check everyday?
a first is good but depends on what you’re applying for

I applied for MSc economics and finance + quantitative methods for risk management

I wrote a very good PS but am afraid that my wam will undermine my application
I applied for MSc economics and finance + quantitative methods for risk management

I wrote a very good PS but am afraid that my wam will undermine my application

What’s your WAM?
What’s your WAM?

71% as mentioned in my last post
Reply 58
Original post by eraserpencil
Did you get any email update when your status changed, or did you check everyday?

I haven't received any emails; I have just been checking lol. I kind of like checking and seeing if there are any differences.
71% as mentioned in my last post

I think no matter your grade, you should apply because you never know whether you will be accepted until you actually try. As I previously mentioned, LSE operates on rolling admissions, so it is certainly better to apply before places fill up. All MSc programs at LSE's department of Statistics are very competitive so places tend to fill up even more quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending