Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2023 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bianca kang
So I applied for MSc finance
Application received on 28/10
Received an email today (9/12) stating that I’m on the waitlist.
another 8 week of painful wait ahead of final decision
Surprisingly , other than payment and additional documents marked as received everything else is still with received -not yet verified tag
Anyone in similar situation ?

is it economics and finance?

did you get a first as well?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Surprisingly , other than payment and additional documents marked as received everything else is still with received -not yet verified tag

Hi, do you mind sharing your stats?
Original post by Anonymous
is it economics and finance?

did you get a first as well?

Nope just finance
and expected first

This pretty much proves that the action of assessors evaluating your documents doesn't get updated to the portal simultaneously. So I guess even if your portal still says "not verified", there is always a chance that a decision has been made for your application already...
Reply 64
This pretty much proves that the action of assessors evaluating your documents doesn't get updated to the portal simultaneously. So I guess even if your portal still says "not verified", there is always a chance that a decision has been made for your application already...

Based on my understanding of the previous years' "transcript drop" bug, this whole changing from "received - not yet verified" to "received" thing indicates a potentially positive outcome. I saw from previous years that for those who did not end up getting an offer, nothing on their portal changed. Transcripts did not move, their referees' email addresses remained the same, etc. It appears to me that they only play around with the documents of those applicants who are likely to receive an offer. Not saying this because mine have changed to "received," but this just seems to be the case. As more people on this thread make input with their application outcomes and "received" or "received - not yet verified" labels, we will get a better idea and it will also serve as a guide to those applying in the future, since the portal was launched this year for the first time.
Original post by yuliyu
Based on my understanding of the previous years' "transcript drop" bug, this whole changing from "received - not yet verified" to "received" thing indicates a potentially positive outcome. I saw from previous years that for those who did not end up getting an offer, nothing on their portal changed. Transcripts did not move, their referees' email addresses remained the same, etc. It appears to me that they only play around with the documents of those applicants who are likely to receive an offer. Not saying this because mine have changed to "received," but this just seems to be the case. As more people on this thread make input with their application outcomes and "received" or "received - not yet verified" labels, we will get a better idea and it will also serve as a guide to those applying in the future, since the portal was launched this year for the first time.

I find it so hard to believe that lse would update from one bug to another…
Yeah we’ll soon find it out.
So for now before being waitlisted , the only change I observed was the additional documents section being changed to received and everything else unchanged

My grades are literally the same as yours

what does this mean will I get waitlisted too?
So i applied last year for MSc Finance & PE and was put on the reserve list. Didn't have to pay to reinstate and updated my PS. CV remained unchanged.

Reinstated on 17th October. Just received an email that i have been put on the waiting list. For anyone who is interested in the ‘received - not yet verified’ and ‘received’ section, all my documents are received except my transcript which says received - not yet verified.
I have also been placed on the waiting list after having reinstated my MSc Finance application. The prospect of waiting another two months doesn't sound fun, but let's see where this goes.
Original post by Nosepick
So i applied last year for MSc Finance & PE and was put on the reserve list. Didn't have to pay to reinstate and updated my PS. CV remained unchanged.

Reinstated on 17th October. Just received an email that i have been put on the waiting list. For anyone who is interested in the ‘received - not yet verified’ and ‘received’ section, all my documents are received except my transcript which says received - not yet verified.

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Original post by Nosepick

Seems like they will put a number of us on waitlist.
My grades are literally the same as yours

what does this mean will I get waitlisted too?

Don’t know if they are putting us there based on grades or some other factors.
Which uni are you applying from ? If you don’t mind , can you share your stats?
(edited 1 year ago)
all of you first class achievers got shortlisted .... 😭 it makes me feel a very bad vibe about LSE :,)
I have a first class degree from Heriot watt university in actuarial science , applied to their MSc finance and economics + Quantiative methods for risk management program
Reply 74
Hi all, I applied for the MSc International relations on October 24th, and my application was sent to my first choice on October 26th. I am an international student from Luxembourg with a Bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of Vienna.
About two weeks ago, all my documents, except my transcript, changed from not yet verified to received. I'm not sure what to think about that, but I hope a decision will come soon.
Seems like they will put a number of us on waitlist.

Graduated 2020 in business management from a non target university in the UK. Have relevant internships, currently working as an analyst in IB. I have multiple entrepreneurial projects that one of them became very successful.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dftskl
Just received an offer today for MSc Finance! The "received - not yet verified" changed to "verified" two days ago on my application.

I think someone mentioned that theirs changed to "received" from "received - not yet verified". So there seems to be a difference between "received" and "verified"?
Original post by dftskl
Just received an offer today for MSc Finance! The "received - not yet verified" changed to "verified" two days ago on my application.

Congratulations ! Did you receive an unconditional offer ? If you don’t mind , can you share your stats?
Reply 78
Original post by dftskl

That’s great! Thanks for letting us know!
Original post by dftskl
Just received an offer today for MSc Finance! The "received - not yet verified" changed to "received" two days ago on my application.

Congratulations! When did you apply and get your ID, and what are your stats if you don't mind sharing? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending