The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2023 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by dftskl
Just received an offer today for MSc Finance! The "received - not yet verified" changed to "received" two days ago on my application.

Did they email you about the offer or have you been checking the portal and it showed up there?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Has anyone here applied to the Psychology and behavioral sciences department?
Original post by Anonymous
My grades are literally the same as yours

what does this mean will I get waitlisted too?

Which course did you apply to ?
Original post by Bianca kang
Which course did you apply to ?

I mentioned in my last post
Rejected from my first choice today... Got my ID on 5 Dec. Devastated.

Which course? I'm sorry to hear that btw. If you applied for a second choice, I hope you can get accepted for that!
Which course? I'm sorry to hear that btw. If you applied for a second choice, I hope you can get accepted for that!

Financial Statistics. I believe I'm highly likely to be rejected from my second choice, Statistics as well since its the same department. Absolutely devastated.
Financial Statistics. I believe I'm highly likely to be rejected from my second choice, Statistics as well since its the same department. Absolutely devastated.

Well, the programs at the dep. of Statistics are all among the most competitive at LSE, so don't be discouraged. I think you still have a chance for your second choice, since who knows, you may not have been a good fit for the 'financial' aspect of the program and may be suited better for pure statistics.
Well, the programs at the dep. of Statistics are all among the most competitive at LSE, so don't be discouraged. I think you still have a chance for your second choice, since who knows, you may not have been a good fit for the 'financial' aspect of the program and may be suited better for pure statistics.

Thank you for the kind words. Fingers crossed and good luck to you

I am so sorry for you. Keep your heads up! I am sure you will get accepted for your second choice. You got your response just 7 days after your id. I wonder if it has to do something with the entry requirements. Did you meet them all fully?
Original post by jsfreak
I am so sorry for you. Keep your heads up! I am sure you will get accepted for your second choice. You got your response just 7 days after your id. I wonder if it has to do something with the entry requirements. Did you meet them all fully?

Off-topic question, but what is exactly meant by 'getting one's ID'? Is it different from getting the application processed and handed over to the assessors?
Off-topic question, but what is exactly meant by 'getting one's ID'? Is it different from getting the application processed and handed over to the assessors?

ID is the one you get when your application gets sent to the selectors.

Did anyone hear anything from Accounting and Finance MSc?
hi, ive applied to the msc health and international development, anyone else applying to this course?my documents have also changed from received not verified to received.

I'm so sorry to hear :frown: Crossing my fingers you'll get your second!!! Especially since they rejected you so quickly maybe they thought you were a better fit for your second! Did your documents change to "received"?
I'm so sorry to hear :frown: Crossing my fingers you'll get your second!!! Especially since they rejected you so quickly maybe they thought you were a better fit for your second! Did your documents change to "received"?

Honestly doubt that’s the case but nothing I can do but hope for the best. No I did not see it changed to received.
Did anyone who got a waitlist see their documents change to received?
Reply 96
Did anyone who got a waitlist see their documents change to received?

No, still the same!
Reply 97
I have an offer for MSc Strategic Marketing 2 Year PT option from Imperial College with a few weeks left to accept/decline the offer. Just waiting on LSE, hopefully will hear from them soon.
Original post by sakkoh
I have an offer for MSc Strategic Marketing 2 Year PT option from Imperial College with a few weeks left to accept/decline the offer. Just waiting on LSE, hopefully will hear from them soon.

I'm guessing you applied for MSc Marketing. Is the program at LSE your first choice rather than Imperial's? I'm curious about your opinion because I have a friend who is interested in the same program.
Reply 99
Has anyone applied to MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending