The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2023

Scroll to see replies

Hi Vicky!
Thanks for all the info.
Are you able to tell me how soon after a Natural Sciences interview I could hope to hear if I have an offer? And also what percentage of candidates are successful in receiving an offer post interview? Thanks
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Vicky!
Thanks for all the info.
Are you able to tell me how soon after a Natural Sciences interview I could hope to hear if I have an offer? And also what percentage of candidates are successful in receiving an offer post interview? Thanks

Hi there!

I've been speaking to the team who manage the Natural Sciences BSc course and they have said that they try and make decisions as soon as they can following interviews. It does take a little time to gather all the feedback, but they are aware that you're waiting to hear.

For more information, you are welcome to email the team who manage this course at [email protected].

If there is anything else I can help with, let me know! :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi there!

I've been speaking to the team who manage the Natural Sciences BSc course and they have said that they try and make decisions as soon as they can following interviews. It does take a little time to gather all the feedback, but they are aware that you're waiting to hear.

For more information, you are welcome to email the team who manage this course at [email protected].

If there is anything else I can help with, let me know! :smile:

- Lindsay

Thank you Lindsay
I’ve got my offer from Loughborough and I’m so excited! Just wondering when there’ll be info about offer holder days and when roughly they may be?
Original post by maria0229
I’ve got my offer from Loughborough and I’m so excited! Just wondering when there’ll be info about offer holder days and when roughly they may be?

I got an offer 2 weeks back!! what course did you apply for?
I’ve got my offer as well! I applied for BA Geography

Original post by oddle24
I’ve got my offer as well! I applied for BA Geography

that’s so cool! what are your other choices
that’s so cool! what are your other choices

ive applies to leeds, durham, lse and southampton. what did you apply to study?
Original post by oddle24
ive applies to leeds, durham, lse and southampton. what did you apply to study?

i applied to lse and southampton too!! i applied to study econ/econ and management . hby?
geography, is loughborough going to be your firm?
i applied to lse and southampton too!! i applied to study econ/econ and management . hby?
Original post by oddle24
geography, is loughborough going to be your firm?

i’m not sure yet , i was gonna make lboro or bristol my insurance. is lse your first choice?

I applied to 2 of their courses. Economics and management (which I’ll most likely firm) and management (my insurance). Hbu??
I applied to 2 of their courses. Economics and management (which I’ll most likely firm) and management (my insurance). Hbu??

i applied to economics and management too!! what were your other choices
i applied to economics and management too!! what were your other choices

Nottingham- industrial Economics
Exeter - business economics
LSE - management

Hbu??
LSE - management

Hbu??

Bristol - econ and management
southampton - econ and management
king’s- econ and mangement
lse - econ
Good luck w all your choices!
LSE - management

Hbu??

Hey,

I am a current 4th year at the uni of Nottingham.

If you have any questions about the uni, accommodations, city etc then just let me know,
Emily :smile:

Hi @maria0229,

Congratulations! That's great news!

The Visit Day dates are different for each department, so it depends on what course you're studying. Most Visit Days are in February and March. When you have received an invite for a Visit Day, you will be able to go to Loughborough University's website to book a place.

You can find out more information about our Visit Days here in the meantime: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/ug-offer/visit-days/

Also, you are welcome to email [email protected] if you want to find out more information about your Visit Days too.

I hope this helps! Well done again and if you have any further questions, let me know! :smile:

- Lindsay
Congratulations to those who have offers so far and good luck everyone who has applied! I'm currently studying in the Geography department here at Loughborough University so let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help :smile: Jennifer
Original post by Loughborough Postgraduate Study
Congratulations to those who have offers so far and good luck everyone who has applied! I'm currently studying in the Geography department here at Loughborough University so let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help :smile: Jennifer

How's life at loughborough been for you? people tend to say the social life isn't that great but is it actually that bad?
How's life at loughborough been for you? people tend to say the social life isn't that great but is it actually that bad?

Hi,

I am currently a placement student at Loughborough University, so hopefully I can offer some insight!

I really enjoy the social life at Loughborough and found there is lots to do. On campus, the Union has JC's bar, which serves great food and is a great place to have a drink with your friends. There are also lots of areas and spaces to relax with your friends, get a coffee and do some work. There are also a number of places to go in town, with lots of different coffee shops, restaurants, bars, two cinemas and lots more.

At night, the Loughborough Students Unions turns into a nightclub, and is the most popular destination for students! Our most popular night is a Wednesday for Hey Ewe, where all the students come together after competing with their sports clubs during the day. There are also options for nightclubs in town, such as Echo's, Firefly and Revolution along with different pubs and bars.

Also, Leicester and Nottingham are a very short trip away so if you ever fancy a change of scene and want to experience night life in a city! I have only been to Nottingham once in my 3 years so far though because I enjoyed the nightlife that Loughborough had to offer!

Hope that helps,

Lilia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending