The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yushhh
I applied about 28th of November and have not heard anything other than the confirmation that they got my application. Hoping to get a reply soon tho!

Perhaps they’re waiting until the 26th to look at all the applications together. Fingers crossed things will start happening later this week! 😃
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Hi everyone,

It's great to hear you're interested in studying at Loughborough! :smile:

If you have any questions about Loughborough, please do feel free to ask us (we're happy to help!). Don't forget that you can visit our application FAQs if you are looking for a particular answer regarding your application: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/faqs/

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone else waiting to hear from Design? I submitted my portfolio over two weeks ago now and they had said I should expect to hear back within two weeks :bebored:I've got a few other offers but hoping to put it as my first choice if I get an offer - fingers crossed!
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else waiting to hear from Design? I submitted my portfolio over two weeks ago now and they had said I should expect to hear back within two weeks :bebored:I've got a few other offers but hoping to put it as my first choice if I get an offer - fingers crossed!

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

I've spoken to our School of Design and Creative Arts and they have said to email them at [email protected] for more information about the status of your application :smile:

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please do get in touch.

- Lindsay
Is anyone going to the engineering interview day on the 8th? x
I applied 2 courses bioengineering and biomaterial engineering in November but I still haven't heard anything from UCAS. Anyone applied for the same courses?
Anyone who's got an offer for architecture - how long did it take after the interview day to hear that you'd got an offer? The email I've got from the uni says a few weeks, and I read somewhere that it should be 2-3 weeks. I had my interview on the 14th of Jan, so just wondering how much longer I've got to wait to hear, thanks (:
Hi there!

I recently received the instructions for the portfolio and the task for Industrial Design. The problem is that I have never done a portfolio back in my country so I am struggling with it. Do I have to include a section about myself before the projects that I want to include? Or is this substituted by the Application letter that I submitted to UCAS?
Also I have seen in some pages that Industrial Design Engineering they require an interview but in others they say it's no longer required so I was wondering which one is true.

Thank you so much in advance
Original post by encarcela
Is anyone going to the engineering interview day on the 8th? x

Hey @encarcela,

If you have any questions about Loughborough beforehand, let us know! :smile:

- Lindsay
Original post by Hajan8820
I applied 2 courses bioengineering and biomaterial engineering in November but I still haven't heard anything from UCAS. Anyone applied for the same courses?

Hi @Hajan8820,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

If you want to know more about your application, you can email [email protected] but you can also visit our FAQs here for more information on undergraduate applications.

- Lindsay
Original post by aabbiinn
Anyone who's got an offer for architecture - how long did it take after the interview day to hear that you'd got an offer? The email I've got from the uni says a few weeks, and I read somewhere that it should be 2-3 weeks. I had my interview on the 14th of Jan, so just wondering how much longer I've got to wait to hear, thanks (:

Hi @aabbiinn,

Great to hear you're thinking about studying at Loughborough and you went to an interview recently :smile:

You are welcome to email [email protected] and they can advise you further.

I hope this helps - let us know if you have any questions about Loughborough in the meantime.

- Lindsay
Original post by PLA2103
Hi there!

I recently received the instructions for the portfolio and the task for Industrial Design. The problem is that I have never done a portfolio back in my country so I am struggling with it. Do I have to include a section about myself before the projects that I want to include? Or is this substituted by the Application letter that I submitted to UCAS?
Also I have seen in some pages that Industrial Design Engineering they require an interview but in others they say it's no longer required so I was wondering which one is true.

Thank you so much in advance

Hi @PLA2103,

Great question! You can find out more about the portfolio on our website. You can also email [email protected] if you would like any specific information on the portfolio and more details about the application process.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions about Loughborough, let us know :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)

Still waiting and it feels like an eternity, i hope it’s not much longer before they send the offers through.

Hope it’s good news for you.
Original post by Mumamouse
Still waiting and it feels like an eternity, i hope it’s not much longer before they send the offers through.

Hope it’s good news for you.

i knoww! i might email next week to see how much longer it's gonna be, so can let you know if you like (:
thank you sm! hopefully good news for you too!!

Hii I also had my interview day on the 14th of January and I received an offer on the 20th. So I think you'll get the offer/rejection soon.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by infiress
Hii I also had my interview day on the 14th of January and I received an offer on the 20th. So I think you'll get the offer/rejection soon.

I am wondering what the acceptance / rejection rate is once you have made it to the interview stage for architecture at Loughborough.
Original post by infiress

Hi @infiress,

Congratulations on your offer :smile:

If you have any questions about studying at Loughborough, please let us know.

- Lindsay
I am wondering what the acceptance / rejection rate is once you have made it to the interview stage for architecture at Loughborough.

Hi @Mumamouse,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

For any questions about the application process, please email [email protected] with your name and UCAS Personal ID number. The team can take a look at your query and advise.

I hope this helps! Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
i knoww! i might email next week to see how much longer it's gonna be, so can let you know if you like (:
thank you sm! hopefully good news for you too!!

Hi did you hear anything or contact them?
Hi did you hear anything or contact them?

hii, yeah i emailed to see what's going on and they basically said they hadn't made a decision and couldn't tell me how long it was going to be until they let me know. sorry not very helpful haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending