The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2023

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone! :smile: We just wanted to say good luck to everyone who is receiving their A-level results this Thursday. We know you’ve worked so hard and we hope you get the results you’re looking for! If you have any questions about Loughborough in the meantime, let us know :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
How does freshers work exactly? What do you do? Do you have to buy tickets? Where from? How much do you have to pay lbro accomm for freshers week - I think it said something on the website about that?
Original post by Anonymous
How does freshers work exactly? What do you do? Do you have to buy tickets? Where from? How much do you have to pay lbro accomm for freshers week - I think it said something on the website about that?

Hi there,

Great to hear from you! I would recommend reviewing this webpage here which shows details for freshers and what to do and when, including information about Freshers' Week.

For your question about accommodation, I would get in touch with the Accommodation Centre (you can find their contact details here).

I hope this helps!

- Lindsay
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 123
Hi, i have got my username, email and password but im having trouble with the duo app on my phone. When i open it i only have an option to add my account with a QR code or an activation code with no option to log in with my Loughborough details, how can i fix this? :confused:
Reply 124
Does anyone know how accurate the timetables are on the Lboro app? There’s a couple of lectures/practicals currently displayed each week. I assume there’s more to be added..
Reply 125
Original post by wqeefegv
Hi, i have got my username, email and password but im having trouble with the duo app on my phone. When i open it i only have an option to add my account with a QR code or an activation code with no option to log in with my Loughborough details, how can i fix this? :confused:

Have you tried clicking on the link on step 2 of this page?
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/students/welcome/before-you-arrive/mfa/
Reply 126
Original post by Kp2002
Does anyone know how accurate the timetables are on the Lboro app? There’s a couple of lectures/practicals currently displayed each week. I assume there’s more to be added..

not sure, i havent got any thing on my timetable at the moment
Reply 127
Original post by Kp2002
Have you tried clicking on the link on step 2 of this page?
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/students/welcome/before-you-arrive/mfa/

Yeah it then says I need a bypass code from the IT help desk. I’ve emailed the IT support so hopefully they can sort it out, I could just be doing something really dumb and I’m missing something
Is there anyone who can share their experience about Towers accommodations and what is the food like
Original post by wqeefegv
Yeah it then says I need a bypass code from the IT help desk. I’ve emailed the IT support so hopefully they can sort it out, I could just be doing something really dumb and I’m missing something

Hi @wqeefegv,

Great to hear from you! I just wanted to say that, yes, for any specific IT requests, I would definitely contact IT support, which I know you have done! I wouldn't want to give you incorrect information. IT Services will be able to help with your query but if you have any questions about life at Loughborough in the meantime, let me know :smile:

- Lindsay
Original post by Kp2002

Hi @Kp2002,

Thanks for your question!

I would recommend reviewing this webpage to see when your timetable will be available :smile:

If you have any other questions about life at Loughborough, let us know!

- Lindsay
Is there anyone who can share their experience about Towers accommodations and what is the food like

Hi there,

You may want to visit this webpage for specific questions about Towers. On one of the tabs that feature about halfway down the page, you'll be able to see information for 'Hall contacts' where you will find a link to the halls website under the 'Hall committee' section. This may help!

- Lindsay
Are any first years living off campus in private accommodation?
Are any first years living off campus in private accommodation?

Hi,

At Loughborough there is the option for first year students to live on campus or off campus in private accommodation. There is a real mix of what first years choose depending on their preference. This page here might give you more information on off campus accommodation in Loughborough.

If you are concerned about not meeting people I would not worry as there are so many societies you can get involved in. You can also affiliate with an on campus hall. This means you don't miss out on fresher events, can be involved in hall sport and go to their events through the year such as winter ball- these are great ways of meeting new people!

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do ask.

Alex

Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending