The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE BSc Economics 2023

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it is taking like forever. Btw does anyone know if the acceptance rate for pure eco is gonna be more or less than last year ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah it is taking like forever. Btw does anyone know if the acceptance rate for pure eco is gonna be more or less than last year ?

I think it should be higher than last year as 2020 entry will graduate.
Also, number of applicants is down.
I know Oxford, 1800 applicants last year and 1500 this year.

do you know how many applicants down for lse?

yes i agree, a lot of people are projecting it to be better than last year because of 2020 and 2021 grade inflation
Original post by oprahwindfuryy
yes i agree, a lot of people are projecting it to be better than last year because of 2020 and 2021 grade inflation

It was not because of grade inflation. Universities, apart from Oxbridge, gave more offers in 2020 because of 2 reasons. Classes were online, more students more money, they didnt consider available venues that much. Second reason was massive deferrals, most didnt like online teaching and waited for on campus education.
Original post by Griff Dog
do you know how many applicants down for lse?

I dont know for LSE. I took Oxford number from their rejection feedback. I beleive same percentage. 15%?
I dont know for LSE. I took Oxford number from their rejection feedback. I beleive same percentage. 15%?

👍👍
It was not because of grade inflation. Universities, apart from Oxbridge, gave more offers in 2020 because of 2 reasons. Classes were online, more students more money, they didnt consider available venues that much. Second reason was massive deferrals, most didnt like online teaching and waited for on campus education.

yes this is true but grade inflation also played a massive part in limiting their 2022 intake - universities always oversubscribe slightly in terms of how many offers they give for a certain number of places. this is because they know some candidates won’t meet their offers. HOWEVER, because of grade inflation, more candidates met their offers than expected and unis had no choice but to give them their place. that’s why 2022 offers were so scarce, they didn’t have the capacity to take as many students as they usually do
I got mine today!
Original post by Anonymous4885939
I got mine today!

And for some reason got contextual offer (A*AB) even though I didn’t apply for it?
I got mine today!

Did you get for Bsc Economics? I thought they hadn't started yet
I got mine today!

congrats! lse is amazing you must be so happy!! can i know what your predicted grades are, whether you're home or international and where else you've received offers from?
congrats! lse is amazing you must be so happy!! can i know what your predicted grades are, whether you're home or international and where else you've received offers from?

I’m home, predicted 3A* (maths, fm, econ) and got offers from warwick, exeter and York
I’m home, predicted 3A* (maths, fm, econ) and got offers from warwick, exeter and York

Congratulations- which one are you planning on taking ? Warwick or LSE ?
And for some reason got contextual offer (A*AB) even though I didn’t apply for it?

congratualatios...did anyWP or sutton trust programe?
Congratulations- which one are you planning on taking ? Warwick or LSE ?

I think LSE, not really too sure atm tho

Holy crap bro well done
Congratulations- which one are you planning on taking

congratualatios...did anyWP or sutton trust programe?

Yeah Sutton trust

Ok it’s a tough choice between Warwick and LSE right ?

i’ve got a warwick offer too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending