The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

BSc Zoology: Moving from Exeter to Aberystwyth

Hello, I have recently started BSc Zoology at Exeter Penryn Campus, and although I am definitely enjoying my course, it is safe to say I don't enjoy the rest of university life here much. Its early days and I have no intention of dropping out/moving for a while yet but I am thinking about switching to Aberystwyth for second year, its much closer to home and I prefer the modules offered there. It is ranked lower however, would it be a bad idea to move to a lower ranked course? Will employers view a degree from Aberystwyth much differently to a course from Exeter?
Original post by lilydarrell15
Hello, I have recently started BSc Zoology at Exeter Penryn Campus, and although I am definitely enjoying my course, it is safe to say I don't enjoy the rest of university life here much. Its early days and I have no intention of dropping out/moving for a while yet but I am thinking about switching to Aberystwyth for second year, its much closer to home and I prefer the modules offered there. It is ranked lower however, would it be a bad idea to move to a lower ranked course? Will employers view a degree from Aberystwyth much differently to a course from Exeter?

What do you not like about the uni? as in, is it something the student support teams could help with or maybe some other people there? The course is ranked much higher at exeter yes, however aber is quite good anyway and it's still a degree in zoology. Are you from wales now because if it's much closer then that's definitely a bonus, maybe theres some other unis doing Zoology that you like the look of? Either way I hope it goes well :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by lilydarrell15

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not enjoying uni life at the moment, but like you said - it's early days still. :smile:

I understand that the Zoology course at Aber might rank lower that Exeter, however it's a good idea to look at the entire picture. You mentioned that you prefer the modules at Aber, if you enjoy studying those modules you're more likely to do better work.
It's really important that you enjoy your life at uni, the course is only a part of uni life, there are so many things that different universities can offer and you really want to be making the most of those opportunities. If you see yourself making more out of your course and student life at Aber, it's definitely worth making some enquiries.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have here or you can get in touch with our Admissions Team - [email protected]

Anna :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest