The Student Room Group

Airbus degree apprenticeship 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by scotty2862
I've been accepted to the aerospace degree apprenticeship today at Filton. Anyone looking to maybe share accommodation?

If you wanna share private dm me?
Original post by scotty2862
I've been accepted to the aerospace degree apprenticeship today at Filton. Anyone looking to maybe share accommodation?

Same I was accepted 5 days ago!
Reply 42
Original post by Radsxoxo12
Same I was accepted 5 days ago!

Hello? U free to dm?
Original post by jonathanjayzee
just got accepted today!!

Hi, I have also been accepted to the aerospace apprenticeship. Have you heard any more information about it? Like where we are expected to live and how to get in touch with other apprentices and further information about the job?
Original post by Sadman123
Hello? U free to dm?

Mind if I join, got accepted too!
Reply 45
Original post by Dan Carlson
Mind if I join, got accepted too!

Yeah, me too. Bristol Filton
Yeah, me too. Bristol Filton

I am not able to dm yet on tsr so is there somewhere else we are able to sort this out :smile:
Reply 47
I am not able to dm yet on tsr so is there somewhere else we are able to sort this out :smile:

Hi, do you have instagram? if so, I will send as soon as I get your message

Reply to this message as soon as possible, I don't want people to see my insta.

You reply to this, I'll send u my username
(edited 8 months ago)

Got it :smile:
Reply 49
Got it :smile:

I sent you the link via DM. Good thanks!
Sorted
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 51
Hi, I have also been accepted to the aerospace apprenticeship. Have you heard any more information about it? Like where we are expected to live and how to get in touch with other apprentices and further information about the job?

If you don't mind me asking what did you do? As in a levels,btec?
Original post by ish112
If you don't mind me asking what did you do? As in a levels,btec?

maths, further maths, physics and economics :smile:

Hi I got accepted too

Weston College is our primary provider for our Degree Apprenticeships at Airbus, although the degree element (Level 6) is delivered in partnership with the University of the West of England (UWE), who are the validating body. As part of your apprenticeship you will also complete a Level 2 practical qualification in workshops as well as a Level 4 competency qualification in the workplace at Airbus.

In your first year you will be full-time at Weston College (located in Weston super Mare) for the first 9 months of your scheme, from September 2023 until June 2024. Thereafter, you would be released to the Airbus site for placements within the business with 1 day release for University studies (which would be located at the Global Technology Centre in Filton or using UWE facilities on campus).
On completion of the degree element, you will receive a UWE degree certificate and attend their Graduation ceremony. You will also be invited to the UCW (Weston College) graduation on completion of your overall apprenticeship.

As you will be attending College 4.5 days per week in Weston super Mare in Year 1, it may be worth reviewing whether you would like to have accommodation in Weston super Mare for this time period. If you choose to have accommodation in Bristol during this time, you will need to travel down daily (around a 45 minute journey), a bus service is available which leaves Filton site at approx. 7am each morning.
(This is what they told me)
Original post by Radsxoxo12
Hey we have a gc on insta where we're talking about accommodation and stuff. If you add me @rads12_xx on insta ur welcome to join :smile:

Sent a message 😊
Reply 56
Hello, accepted an engineering apprenticeship at Broughton to start next week, anyone else at Broughton too?
Original post by Jandrews01
Hello, accepted an engineering apprenticeship at Broughton to start next week, anyone else at Broughton too?

I declined a digital and tech solutions at broughton for something
Original post by Jandrews01

I've found someone going to Broughton. I can ask him if he wants to get in touch with you
Original post by 4vi_st
Thank you!
The position I applied for is called "Junior Software Engineer - Simulation and Modelling Degree Apprenticeship" but the degree that it comes with is in digital and technology solutions, if that's what you mean?

Hi @4vi_st , late congrats on the offer! Can I please inquire on what kind of questions did you get in the interview , were they very subject related questions(would be glad if you would respond with specific examples 🥺). Lastly, what do you think made you stand out to get the offer? Thank you so much in advance 😊 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending