The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Engineering & Sciences Thread 2022-2023

Hey everyone! I'm a rep for QMUL doing Computer Systems Engineering!

If you have any questions about doing engineering @ QM, or any QMUL questions in general, ask away!
Hey! Thanks for your question.

CSE tends to be forgiving, of course I can't say for sure, but usually the case is (as it was for me) that if you narrowly miss the grade, you'll still be offered a spot! Hope that helps :smile: The average grade will be the entrance requirements but there will be those with either higher, or slightly lower, grades.
Original post by J11NZ
What is the average A-Level grade student gets to get into QMUL for CSE? Does QMUL accept if you narrowly miss out on a grade?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hey! Thanks for your question.

CSE tends to be forgiving, of course I can't say for sure, but usually the case is (as it was for me) that if you narrowly miss the grade, you'll still be offered a spot! Hope that helps :smile: The average grade will be the entrance requirements but there will be those with either higher, or slightly lower, grades.

What was the average grade for the current year in CSE. QMUL's entrance offer was ABB?
Hi, how is studying CSE like at QMUL? My initial idea was to apply into CS but ended up applying to CSE.
Hi,
I applied to CSE because I wanted to keep my options open - I wasn't sure if I wanted to be an engineer or a software engineer. Doing CSE allows me to get a BEng, so an engineering degree, whilst doing a lot of CS- which allows me to choose either path and figure out what I want. It's been great!

The course lead is excellent, the cohorts are usually smaller so you get more time with the course lead if you want to.

In general, it's up to you, but it's a great course with lots of both CS and EE!
Original post by 8888888A8888
Hi, how is studying CSE like at QMUL? My initial idea was to apply into CS but ended up applying to CSE.
Yes, if I recall correctly
Original post by Anonymous
What was the average grade for the current year in CSE. QMUL's entrance offer was ABB?
Reply 6
Hi there, i got an unconditional to study Computer Systems Engineering.

I wanted to ask how the student experience is the the course. How maths heavy it is. I didnt study any physics after gcse so how will that impact me. How fun and how hard is the course.

Thank you :smile:)))
Hi!

CSE is great - not an easy course but equips you well for both EE and CS. The course leader is very nice!

There's one pure maths model in year 1, but it's quite easy. There is more maths but it's mostly waves related. A-Level physics would have been good, but you will still be ok without it! It's about working hard. :smile:

If you have any more Qs just ask
Original post by Yuva_
Hi there, i got an unconditional to study Computer Systems Engineering.

I wanted to ask how the student experience is the the course. How maths heavy it is. I didnt study any physics after gcse so how will that impact me. How fun and how hard is the course.

Thank you :smile:)))
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hey everyone! I'm a rep for QMUL doing Computer Systems Engineering!

If you have any questions about doing engineering @ QM, or any QMUL questions in general, ask away!

Hi there,
I have a couple of questions regarding this course. I've never studied Computing or Physics before in my life (but did Maths A levels). Will I be able to cope in this course, is it friendly to beginners or will it be like getting thrown into the deep end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending