The Student Room Group

Is it ok if I send my applications for uni in January??????

Is it ok if I send my applications at the first week of January?? I am applying for Psychology in Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Goldsmiths, Westminister
As long as you have sent off your application by the deadline you should be alright. The deadline date changed a few years ago, not sure if its still the date they changed it to or the previous date.
Just double check with your teachers :smile:
Original post by kungfupanda8
Is it ok if I send my applications at the first week of January?? I am applying for Psychology in Queen Mary, Royal Holloway, Goldsmiths, Westminister
Original post by unknown1393
As long as you have sent off your application by the deadline you should be alright. The deadline date changed a few years ago, not sure if its still the date they changed it to or the previous date.

You would need to send it to your school a couple of weeks ahead of the deadline, to be honest. You can't send it by the deadline which will make it impossible for your school to input your predicted grades and also your reference letter. The January deadline is 25th, so early January would be great.
I sent off my application after the deadline and I still received all of my offers so even if you do miss the deadline it isn’t the end of the world. :smile:

Even so I would echo what others have said and ensure your application is sent off a couple of weeks before the deadline.

Hi there

As mentioned above, you should really aim for getting your UCAS submitted before the deadline. This includes having it done a few weeks before to allow your teachers to attach your reference and send it off. Remember that your teachers will have a lot of work to do in January so chances are they will need some time to complete their part of the application. My advice would be to talk to whoever is in charge of UCAS at your school as they should be able to give you a rough timeline of how long it will take them to do their part. If you're able to submit before the new year then thats great but if not, submitting it in January is fine. I have known many people who applied for uni in January and they got all their offers back. This is never guaranteed obviously, but you should stand a fair chance as long as you submit before the 25th January. Hope this helps :smile:

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Hi @kungfupanda8

Thank you for your question. :smile:

At Oxford Brookes we encourage applicants to apply prior the end of January 2023 before the UCAS equal consideration deadline as this is a guarantee on our part that we will consider your application. Applying after the deadline is possible (this is common especially among international applicants) however we only consider applications received after the deadline if we have spaces available on the courses once the on-time applications have been considered.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your application!

Best wishes
Matilde

Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes University
Original post by BubblesBB
You would need to send it to your school a couple of weeks ahead of the deadline, to be honest. You can't send it by the deadline which will make it impossible for your school to input your predicted grades and also your reference letter. The January deadline is 25th, so early January would be great.

When I applied I did it last minute and they managed to send it off in time.
Original post by unknown1393
When I applied I did it last minute and they managed to send it off in time.

In your case, you were fortunate. This doesn't mean the same outcome would happen for everyone who tries the same. Different schools have different staff strength, and very different circumstances. It would be a huge disservice to tell others that they can leave it till the last minute.
APPLICATION MAINTENANCE: 16 18 DECEMBER

UCAS Undergraduate and UCAS Conservatoires applications will be unavailable from 18:00 Friday 16 December 23:59 Sunday 18 December (UK time).

Another reason.
As above, do not leave things until the last minute. UCAS frequently goes belly up around deadline day. Don't give yourself the panic of not knowing whether your application was submitted before the cutoff. Get it sorted at least a week before.
Original post by BubblesBB
In your case, you were fortunate. This doesn't mean the same outcome would happen for everyone who tries the same. Different schools have different staff strength, and very different circumstances. It would be a huge disservice to tell others that they can leave it till the last minute.

Sorry I worded it wrong, what I meant was as long as it is submitted and sent off to UCAS by the deadline, by the staff member. Not that if the individual submits it.

I'm not trying to say they should leave it last minute, but that it is sometimes possible for it to submitted just before then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending