The Student Room Group

Soas

SOAS offer - MSc accounting & finance Sept 23 I got an offer for MSc Accounting & Finance from SOAS. My only doubt is whether i should accept the offer or wait for offer by QMUL and Birbeck? Among these 3 which university will be best for this MSc program?
Original post by lakshay006
SOAS offer - MSc accounting & finance Sept 23 I got an offer for MSc Accounting & Finance from SOAS. My only doubt is whether i should accept the offer or wait for offer by QMUL and Birbeck? Among these 3 which university will be best for this MSc program?

Congrats on the offer.

I would personally go for QMUL, but then again I am biased.

On the other hand, I have issues with accounting related degrees, and I have a few issues with finance degrees that aren't intended purely for people going into academic research.

SOAS is a good university, but it's not that reputable for business subjects. Birbeck is nice university with affiliations to some top end universities like UCL, but it's not as reputable as QMUL in my opinion.

Having said that, SOAS, QMUL, and Bribeck are all part of the University of London network. If I was picking a master's, I would usually pick universities in different networks and affiliated with different names instead applying for multiple universities within the same network.

Bottom line (pun not intended), if you are not due to confirm your response and you have time until you have to enroll on the course e.g. September/January, I would wait until I hear back from the other universities. Also, since they're all based in London, you are not exactly going to have to juggle finding accommodation across 5-6 different locations 60-100s of miles apart; one accommodation in London somewhere reachable for all 3 university campuses is going to be OK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending