The Student Room Group

Low predicted grades

I applied to my dream uni - but they require AAA on website.
However, my predicted grades are slightly low than this. Is it worth sending appeal letter before decision?
Original post by Peanut03
However, my predicted grades are slightly low than this. Is it worth sending appeal letter before decision?

What would you be appealing? The "no offer" decision which you expect them to make? So a pre-emptive appeal? I've never heard of such a thing.

What would your grounds for the appeal be? Simply that you really, really want them to make you an offer? That's going to have zero impact, I'm afraid.

Applying for a course where your predicted grades are slightly below the required grades (e.g. AAB predicted in this case) is fine. However, you'd want to ensure that your predicted grades are at (or preferably above) the requirements of the other four courses you apply for.
Original post by Peanut03

Once they've made their decision, it would be harder then for them to consider you as they would've already sent out offers, so yes better to do it beforehand. But if they say they require AAA, also depending on how competitive the course is, you would need good grounds of reason why they should consider you against everyone else that applied with the minimum requirements.

Apologies if that came across as harsh, just trying to emphasise that there will be other applicants who fit more requirements than yourself, and you'll need something other than because its your dream uni, to set yourself apart from them.
Also I understand that it is your dream uni and there may be particular personal reasons why you want to go specifically there, but you never know, you might end up somewhere you like much more, so give other places a shot too!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending