The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Archaeology exams past or present students at York

Hello, I'm interested in studying archaeology at York University. I'm just curious how the exams are, how difficult they are, and what kinds of exams you take.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I'm interested in studying archaeology at York University. I'm just curious how the exams are, how difficult they are, and what kinds of exams you take.

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. I asked a couple of our current Archaeology students about exams and this is what they said:

"Since coming to York it’s clear that archaeology is much more focused on practical assessments such as essays and presentations rather than exams. In the second year you get to choose a practical module (I chose human bones) and with all of these, there is an exam at the end. However, there is lots of material provided to help you in making the exam as easy as possible so there is nothing to worry about!" Luke, 2nd Year, BA Historical Archaeology

"I've just had an archaeological analysis test in which we are asked to discern the origins of artefacts based on images. This was a 24hr online test. None of the assignments for my particular modules I would describe as ‘hard’ certainly not harder than essays for history at A-level. It’s the expectation to have an understanding of what you’re writing that's the hardest part." Belle, 3rd Year, BA Archaeology

I hope this helps :smile:

Helen
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending