The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

MSc in Applied Cancer Sciences

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Olivia Kamsi
Hey guys, I just got an interview invite for next week.

congrats! I'm still waiting too.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by abh27sss
congrats! I'm still waiting too.

hey did you hear anything yet? I haven’t heard a peep, starting to think it’s probably not good news haha, but the upload button is still there for me so we’ll see…
Reply 42
Original post by peterbradley45
hey did you hear anything yet? I haven’t heard a peep, starting to think it’s probably not good news haha, but the upload button is still there for me so we’ll see…

No... nothing yet. I also applied to 2 other courses. Nothing from any of the three. I'd be really disappointed if I didn't even get the interview as I thought my profile was strong.
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi I’ve also applied for this course! Not heard anything either about interviews and starting to get slightly worried ahah! :frown: at least we aren’t alone though
do both of you still have the upload button? I'm definitely not feeling optimistic at this point but the fact there's a few of us does make me feel a bit better haha. fingers crossed for all of us!!
Reply 45
do both of you still have the upload button? I'm definitely not feeling optimistic at this point but the fact there's a few of us does make me feel a bit better haha. fingers crossed for all of us!!

Which upload button do you mean?
Original post by Aimeej217
Which upload button do you mean?

hey so if you go on the grad self service portal thing and into the supporting documents section, there is a button to upload new documents i.e. language test results etc. SUPPOSEDLY and very much a legend within TSR with no real grounding, when they make a decision about your application the button will disappear as obviously there's no point in you uploading new docs now. if the buttons still there then it's possible that they just haven't come to a decision re: your application yet!
Reply 47

hey so if you go on the grad self service portal thing and into the supporting documents section, there is a button to upload new documents i.e. language test results etc. SUPPOSEDLY and very much a legend within TSR with no real grounding, when they make a decision about your application the button will disappear as obviously there's no point in you uploading new docs now. if the buttons still there then it's possible that they just haven't come to a decision re: your application yet!

Oh yeah I still have that too! Hopefully we will know next week then now 🤞
anybody hear anything today? no updates for me at all, button still there too..
Reply 49
anybody hear anything today? no updates for me at all, button still there too..

No nothing!! I’m starting to lose hope now :frown:
Hello! I have an interview next Friday but don't know what to expect and how best to prepare. Does anyone have any tips? I'm quite nervous...
Still no news here, have just emailed the department to ask if they can disclose whether or not any more interview invitations could be expected, so fingers crossed we'll get an answer either way soon!
Reply 52
Still no news here, have just emailed the department to ask if they can disclose whether or not any more interview invitations could be expected, so fingers crossed we'll get an answer either way soon!

Fingers crossed!! Let us know if you hear anything. :smile:
Reply 53

Any news yet?? 😮
Any news yet?? 😮

nopeee, im resigned to waiting for my rejection email in mid feb at this point hahah
Reply 55

nopeee, im resigned to waiting for my rejection email in mid feb at this point hahah

Oh nooo me too honestly! Have you applied anywhere else??
Oh nooo me too honestly! Have you applied anywhere else??

a couple places, but not for the same kind of stuff! I applied to this for a medical intercalation degree so wasn’t very optimistic to begin with!! what about you??
Reply 57
a couple places, but not for the same kind of stuff! I applied to this for a medical intercalation degree so wasn’t very optimistic to begin with!! what about you??

Oh me too!!! Which medical school do you go to? I applied for Genomic Medicine and Neuroscience at Oxford as well and got rejected for both. I have a feeling that they don't like intercalating students.
Original post by abh27sss
Oh me too!!! Which medical school do you go to? I applied for Genomic Medicine and Neuroscience at Oxford as well and got rejected for both. I have a feeling that they don't like intercalating students.

ooh cool! I go to liverpool what about you?? Its kinda expected tbf i definitely dont have the lab experience that other grads will, but I would’ve liked to have gotten that exposure if I’d gotten in! for sure think intercalating is a harder way in though. have you fully heard a rejection or just assuming since you haven’t heard yet?
Reply 59
ooh cool! I go to liverpool what about you?? Its kinda expected tbf i definitely dont have the lab experience that other grads will, but I would’ve liked to have gotten that exposure if I’d gotten in! for sure think intercalating is a harder way in though. have you fully heard a rejection or just assuming since you haven’t heard yet?

I go to Edinburgh. I've not received a formal rejection yet but I think it's very likely it is. I've accepted my offer to go to Cambridge anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending