The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan Postgraduate Interviews

Hello everyone. I am applying for Cancer Biology and Therapy MSc course this year and on the website it mentions about 'In most cases we will interview prior to offering a place on the programme'. I applied for this course last year and got rejected but I do not remember the course needing an interview. I believe this is something new from this year so what usually happens in the interview? It will be apprieciated if someone gave me an idea of what to expect. Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone. I am applying for Cancer Biology and Therapy MSc course this year and on the website it mentions about 'In most cases we will interview prior to offering a place on the programme'. I applied for this course last year and got rejected but I do not remember the course needing an interview. I believe this is something new from this year so what usually happens in the interview? It will be apprieciated if someone gave me an idea of what to expect. Thanks.

Hi there, :smile:

It's great to hear that you are interested in studying MSc Cancer Biology & Therapy here at UCLan!

There will be an interview for this course. Interviews vary depending on the course you have applied for and some will take longer than others. Details of the format will be sent out to those invited for interview. You can find guidance to help you prepare for any interviews here.

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help answer them. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there, :smile:

It's great to hear that you are interested in studying MSc Cancer Biology & Therapy here at UCLan!

There will be an interview for this course. Interviews vary depending on the course you have applied for and some will take longer than others. Details of the format will be sent out to those invited for interview. You can find guidance to help you prepare for any interviews here.

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help answer them. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah

Thank you for the info. I checked the website for more info and I had some questions. First, to get invited for an interview do I need to first pass the application process or will I get an invitation as soon as I send out my application? Second, it says that if you fail the interview, you will be rejected from the course and may be offered an alternative. This sounds like for people who are applying for their BSc if I correct but if not, is this offer valid for me, someone who is applying for a MSc course, as well? I am only applying for this course so I am pretty much betting everything on this.

I applied for UCLAN last year for this exact same course but the requirements did not mention any interviews. I was rejected because of an unsatisfactory academic reference even though I met the grade boundaries. I even asked for a feedback to know what went wrong but I did not get a reply. After a full year, I am applying again but this time an interview seems to be the deciding factor for me to get an offer. If I get rejected again then I don't know what to do.
Thank you for the info. I checked the website for more info and I had some questions. First, to get invited for an interview do I need to first pass the application process or will I get an invitation as soon as I send out my application? Second, it says that if you fail the interview, you will be rejected from the course and may be offered an alternative. This sounds like for people who are applying for their BSc if I correct but if not, is this offer valid for me, someone who is applying for a MSc course, as well? I am only applying for this course so I am pretty much betting everything on this.

I applied for UCLAN last year for this exact same course but the requirements did not mention any interviews. I was rejected because of an unsatisfactory academic reference even though I met the grade boundaries. I even asked for a feedback to know what went wrong but I did not get a reply. After a full year, I am applying again but this time an interview seems to be the deciding factor for me to get an offer. If I get rejected again then I don't know what to do.

Hi there,

After hearing from our admissions team it looks like for the 23/24 entry to MSc Cancer Biology & Therapy there will be no interviews. The guidance on the website page is directed towards our 24/25 entry.

For further guidance I would recommend you contact our course enquiries team at CEnquiries@uclan.

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help answer them.

All the best,
Sarah
Reply 4
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there,

After hearing from our admissions team it looks like for the 23/24 entry to MSc Cancer Biology & Therapy there will be no interviews. The guidance on the website page is directed towards our 24/25 entry.

For further guidance I would recommend you contact our course enquiries team at CEnquiries@uclan.

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help answer them.

All the best,
Sarah

Thanks you very much for your reply. I was wondering if the university has a limit for how many students can study the course each year?
Thanks you very much for your reply. I was wondering if the university has a limit for how many students can study the course each year?

Hi there,

Thanks for you message:smile: We do have maximum capacity for courses and if you have any specific enquiries regarding the course I would recommend you to contact our post graduate admissions team at [email protected].

Hope you find this helpful and please do not hesitate to drop us a message if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending