The Student Room Group

SoCoBio DTP Applicants 2023

Hello, I'm interested to see if anyone else here has an interview for the South Coast Biosciences DTP. I have mine tomorrow!
Original post by Felynalanine
Hello, I'm interested to see if anyone else here has an interview for the South Coast Biosciences DTP. I have mine tomorrow!

Hey 👋 . I also had an interview for SoCoBio last Friday so now nervously waiting to hear the outcome. Didn’t feel that mine went brilliantly because I was quite nervous! I think the panel seemed to like my presentation though, so that’s something at least! How did yours go? And did you get the holding email on Mon with the timeline for accepting offers etc? Wishing you the best of luck with your application! 🍀
Original post by Brightonbeachy
Hey 👋 . I also had an interview for SoCoBio last Friday so now nervously waiting to hear the outcome. Didn’t feel that mine went brilliantly because I was quite nervous! I think the panel seemed to like my presentation though, so that’s something at least! How did yours go? And did you get the holding email on Mon with the timeline for accepting offers etc? Wishing you the best of luck with your application! 🍀

My interview felt pretty bad. I was asked a question after the presentation I didn't know the answer to but I'm hoping I won't be marked too negatively for that.
I did get the email on Monday but haven't heard anything else yet.
Good luck with your application too! :smile: Did you apply anywhere else?
Original post by Felynalanine
My interview felt pretty bad. I was asked a question after the presentation I didn't know the answer to but I'm hoping I won't be marked too negatively for that.
I did get the email on Monday but haven't heard anything else yet.
Good luck with your application too! :smile: Did you apply anywhere else?

The same thing happened to me! I had three questions about the presentation and I totally dried on the last one. Still cringing about it now 😬. Haven’t heard anything either and tbh I’m not hopeful of an offer. Have applied for one other project at Sussex and that’s it. How about you? Fingers crossed for both of us!
The same thing happened to me! I had three questions about the presentation and I totally dried on the last one. Still cringing about it now 😬. Haven’t heard anything either and tbh I’m not hopeful of an offer. Have applied for one other project at Sussex and that’s it. How about you? Fingers crossed for both of us!

Still haven't heard anything yet but I'm not expecting an offer either. I've applied for 3 others (Cambridge who I think rejected me, LIDO DTP, Exeter) but I'm still looking to do more applications. I started too late for some DTPs, but there are still projects appearing, so I don't think it's too late to keep applying if we don't get offers from SoCoBio :redface: but good luck with both applications!
Hi Zadi_n, I have not heard of anything since the email sent on last Monday.
Anyone heard back yet?
Reply 7
Original post by Lilif4499
Anyone heard back yet?

Nothing!🥲
Reply 8

Sorry to hear, Have you heard about their decision?
I heard back yesterday and have been offered a place on my first-choice project! Have also been offered a place on another PhD program, which I am going to accept instead as it is a better fit for me, so I will be declining SoCoBio. Good luck to everyone else!
Oh, nice. Congratulations! What was your project btw?
Because i have heard that based on the type of projects they arrange offer
(edited 1 year ago)
It was the ‘Targeting druggable Phosphoinositide pathways to maintain muscle stem cell function during ageing’ so in the understanding rules of life and Bioscience for an integrated understanding of health themes

Original post by magniko
Oh, nice. Congratulations! What was your project btw?
Because i have heard that based on the type of projects they arrange offer
When did you get your offer letter? I mean at which time?
Reply 13
hi guys, was the offer for socobio 2:1?? Meaning that you just need above 60%?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending