The Student Room Group

2023 ** Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dredd1981
Thanks bud, my interview for UKVI was pre recorded but the one for IE was two actual people, so at least you could gauge whether or not they thought you were talking *******s or not. Yeah my clearance for UKVI took an age even though I already had SC.....civil service, nothing gets done quick

It’s like lost large organisations within the civil service umbrella, takes forever to do anything. If i find out roughly how many posts there is I’ll stick it up. I do know people who are already immigration officers and they say that they are bolstering the numbers and sections in ICE in NI
Reply 21
Original post by CJM92
It’s like lost large organisations within the civil service umbrella, takes forever to do anything. If i find out roughly how many posts there is I’ll stick it up. I do know people who are already immigration officers and they say that they are bolstering the numbers and sections in ICE in NI

ICE would be nice, the ao position i'm on the reserve list for was in ICE, so hopefully i'll get immigration officer or ao.....i'm ex police to I need to be out and about, not tied to a laptop.
Reply 22
ICE would be nice, the ao position i'm on the reserve list for was in ICE, so hopefully i'll get immigration officer or ao.....i'm ex police to I need to be out and about, not tied to a laptop.

Yeah I got immigration officer for ICE, I done a few years in the MOD (operational role) and before that it was police, I need to go back to being busy!! 😂
Check your emails people, been selected for interview.
Reply 24
Original post by James9103
Check your emails people, been selected for interview.

Congrats bro, me too, now to scour the net for examples of questions used in strengths interviews
Same for me. I had 3 offers to interview from the civil service today. Back on the merry-go-round.
Reply 26
Congrats bro, me too, now to scour the net for examples of questions used in strengths interviews

Congratulations mate, fingers crossed you’ll get through and offered Belfast!!
Reply 27
Original post by CJM92
Congratulations mate, fingers crossed you’ll get through and offered Belfast!!

Thanks bud, hope you get your date for training soon
Congrats on getting selected for interview. What area was this for? I have applied for Liverpool or Manchester
Original post by CJM92
I scored 24, strong demonstration. I think they literally pick off the top list for the scoring for the interview. Yeah it’s literally back and forward to England for a few months. Initial is 4 weeks, back home for a few weeks and then back over for another 4 weeks and possibly more course dates.

The only good thing is you get supplied with a work laptop and phone & home office pay for your travel home each weekend and accommodation etc. I am expecting a date for the 17th April if all completed by then but failing that there is another towards the end of may

I’m on the 17th April course in Croydon
if this is what your waiting for maybe see you then x
Reply 30
Hi,

I know a few people on that course already from Northern Ireland. I’m just waiting on the vacancy holder to give me a date. Nothing pending except that
Ooh okay cool. Fingers crossed for you then
Reply 32
Think they seem to be issuing results from the sift quite quickly with this campaign already…
Reply 33
Original post by Cr9587
Think they seem to be issuing results from the sift quite quickly with this campaign already…

A civil service recruitment campaign sticking to the published timetable, wow, I'm actually impressed
Original post by SarahDV
Congrats on getting selected for interview. What area was this for? I have applied for Liverpool or Manchester

I've applied for Liverpool and Manchester too but I haven't heard anything.
I applied for Belfast and my interview is tomorrow morning, could be interesting !!
Reply 36
Original post by Bobster73
I applied for Belfast and my interview is tomorrow morning, could be interesting !!

Good luck bro, if you haven't already check out youtube (i tried to post the link but the site won't let me) there's a channel called "careervidz" that have some good videos on civil service interviews inc strength based interviews. Maybe give it a watch before the interview
Original post by Bobster73

How did your interview go?
Hope it went well.
Well thats me out unfortunately didnt get an interview for the ICE teams however the Financial enforcement job application is still saying in review 🧐
How long does the interview take to complete ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending