The Student Room Group

2023 ** Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers

Scroll to see replies

I’ve got a interview on Monday for both the ICE IO and also ICE criminal investigator, one interview for both jobs
Reply 41
Original post by James9103
How long does the interview take to complete ?

I'll tell you in a few hours, got mine this afternoon
Reply 42
Original post by Biffboy
Well thats me out unfortunately didnt get an interview for the ICE teams however the Financial enforcement job application is still saying in review 🧐

Sorry to hear that bro. I don't know who does the marking for the personal statements but I covered everything in the job description. Showed it to my HEO who said it was excellent....ended up only scoring 4, still got an interview out of it but i mean, my God, what are they wanting you to include?
As luck would have it, I applied for an assistant immigration officer post in Belfast last summer, got put on a reserve list...got word last week they've given me a provisional offer.....already accepted it, I think even if they offer me an IO post i'll probably decline, going over to Croydon for months at a time doesn't really appeal.
Original post by dredd1981
Sorry to hear that bro. I don't know who does the marking for the personal statements but I covered everything in the job description. Showed it to my HEO who said it was excellent....ended up only scoring 4, still got an interview out of it but i mean, my God, what are they wanting you to include?
As luck would have it, I applied for an assistant immigration officer post in Belfast last summer, got put on a reserve list...got word last week they've given me a provisional offer.....already accepted it, I think even if they offer me an IO post i'll probably decline, going over to Croydon for months at a time doesn't really appeal.

Jeez i score 3 so lost out on 1 point 😳
It’s a no for my ICE application, final year grad feeling demoralised tbh at moment. What are they expecting in the 500 word statement, thought I’d hit all the essential criteria, any advice/guidance welcome for future apps. Thanks.
Reply 45
Original post by bocaj22
It’s a no for my ICE application, final year grad feeling demoralised tbh at moment. What are they expecting in the 500 word statement, thought I’d hit all the essential criteria, any advice/guidance welcome for future apps. Thanks.

I know what you mean, I addressed every point they were looking for and gave suitable examples and only scored 4, I mean with 500 words to address half a dozen points what are they wanting fs!
I know what you mean, I addressed every point they were looking for and gave suitable examples and only scored 4, I mean with 500 words to address half a dozen points what are they wanting fs!

It can really depend on the person marking your statement aswell three people could mark it differently plus they maybe looking for certain buzzwords and pro words ive been a civil servant for 18 years now an these types of applications still frustrate me!
Hi Bud, im still waiting on a date for starting / training.

Hope all goes well with your training in Croydon mate

A

(Original post by CJM92)Hi,

I know a few people on that course already from Northern Ireland. I’m just waiting on the vacancy holder to give me a date. Nothing pending except that

Original post by Hantyd2
I’m on the 17th April course in Croydon
if this is what your waiting for maybe see you then x
Original post by CJM92
Hi, for anyone in Northern Ireland. I applied last year for immigration officer in a previous campaign. Was on the reserve list for 3 months and got offered belfast. Offer was about end of January time. Checks ongoing, potential course for may time as far as I’m aware. No idea how many posts there is in NI, I wouldn’t guess there is many

Hi
I was in pull for IO Belfast Northern Ireland March 2022, posts filled July 2022 (7 IOs). I was placed on reserve list for 12 months from July 2022. I Then got offered in Jan this Year 2023 the IO position after being on reserve List. Checks are in final stages. Process was long for me like but will be 100% worth it, 5 weeks training in London, then back for a further 2 weeks. looking forward to it. Hoping to get start date soon.
Reply 49
Original post by James9103
How long does the interview take to complete ?

Just finished mine, was a good half hour. They tell you there are 5 strength questions but each question is broken up into two and you've two minutes to answer each part...so basically there are ten questions.
30 minutes and 10 strength based questions.
Hi What type of strength based questions? Any examples? Thanks
Reply 52
Original post by Joannemca
Hi What type of strength based questions? Any examples? Thanks

To be honest I can't remember what they asked or what I said......I'll tell you one thing though, I googled examples of strength questions and watched youtube tutorials and literally NONE of those questions came up. You genuinely can't prepare for it, my advice would be to look at the 5 competencies they're looking for and think of a good example for each then when you do the interview do your best to twist and shoehorn that example into the question they ask!
To be honest I can't remember what they asked or what I said......I'll tell you one thing though, I googled examples of strength questions and watched youtube tutorials and literally NONE of those questions came up. You genuinely can't prepare for it, my advice would be to look at the 5 competencies they're looking for and think of a good example for each then when you do the interview do your best to twist and shoehorn that example into the question they ask!

Thanks good advice…. They don’t seem to be like the “normal” civil service interviews which are mainly competency based… although I expect they will still be wanting us to hit all the “buzz” words? How do you think you done?
Reply 54
Thanks good advice…. They don’t seem to be like the “normal” civil service interviews which are mainly competency based… although I expect they will still be wanting us to hit all the “buzz” words? How do you think you done?

Literally no idea, for some questions I just got mind blank for a few seconds and forgot the question.....I either did really well or just ok, I don't think I beefed it, I was always able to come up with some sort of answer but thinking back the questions were all structured around the competencies.....I recall there were two questions on working at pace, two on making quality decisions etc so just look at the behaviours in the job advert and try to think of some examples for each, bearing in mind they'll ask you two questions per strength.........and when you get examples, trim the fat, you'd be amazed how quickly 2 minutes goes by!
Literally no idea, for some questions I just got mind blank for a few seconds and forgot the question.....I either did really well or just ok, I don't think I beefed it, I was always able to come up with some sort of answer but thinking back the questions were all structured around the competencies.....I recall there were two questions on working at pace, two on making quality decisions etc so just look at the behaviours in the job advert and try to think of some examples for each, bearing in mind they'll ask you two questions per strength.........and when you get examples, trim the fat, you'd be amazed how quickly 2 minutes goes by!

Thanks and the very best of luck! ☘️
Reply 56
Thanks and the very best of luck! ☘️

You too :yy:
Hi. Congratulations to all who have been selected for interview. I have my interview next Wednesday. Is the video interview with people or is it pre recorded like some other interviews in the CS. Thanks
Reply 58
Original post by SarahDV
Hi. Congratulations to all who have been selected for interview. I have my interview next Wednesday. Is the video interview with people or is it pre recorded like some other interviews in the CS. Thanks

Mine was with two people, one from immigration enforcement and someone from capita. Expect it to last around half an hour, don't forget your id document to show at the start
Awesome! I’m glad this is with people, omg I hate recorded interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending