The Student Room Group

2023 ** Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dredd1981
Mine was with two people, one from immigration enforcement and someone from capita. Expect it to last around half an hour, don't forget your id document to show at the start

Thank you for your reply.
I am soooo nervous as I really want this job!
Do you know what the highest mark is at the application stage? I got a 4
Reply 61
Original post by SarahDV
Thank you for your reply.
I am soooo nervous as I really want this job!
Do you know what the highest mark is at the application stage? I got a 4

I also got 4.....spent ages looking at the criteria and came up with good examples for each......and only got 4....I really can't imagine anyone getting above 5, they seem to be very hard markers.....the highest score is 7. For the interview strengths are marked out of 4, so when you get your score it's out of 40
(edited 1 year ago)
Just finished my interview.

Wouldn’t say the questions are difficult, I’d say more awkward to answer for some of them. 2 minutes can either drag or fly by.

I think I did okay though.
Original post by James9103
Just finished my interview.

Wouldn’t say the questions are difficult, I’d say more awkward to answer for some of them. 2 minutes can either drag or fly by.

I think I did okay though.

Good luck 😊

Earliest date I could get was the 11th
I had my interview the other day too. The interviewers were really decent. Nice to speak with real people for once!
Reply 65
Original post by username6105004
Hi
I was in pull for IO Belfast Northern Ireland March 2022, posts filled July 2022 (7 IOs). I was placed on reserve list for 12 months from July 2022. I Then got offered in Jan this Year 2023 the IO position after being on reserve List. Checks are in final stages. Process was long for me like but will be 100% worth it, 5 weeks training in London, then back for a further 2 weeks. looking forward to it. Hoping to get start date soon.

Hi I just seen this. Yeah all my checks are complete, clearance is transferred from MOD as I just left them in feb 2023. Online medical complete and I got an email on Friday there to say that the vacancy holder will email or ring me soon with a start date for training. (Belfast) I know a few guys who got the course for April and start next week. I have a feeling that there is a course on the 15th may I believe in the mainland so I’m waiting to hear for that one. I assume I will hear soon to start in may. How about you?
Reply 66
Original post by CJM92
Hi I just seen this. Yeah all my checks are complete, clearance is transferred from MOD as I just left them in feb 2023. Online medical complete and I got an email on Friday there to say that the vacancy holder will email or ring me soon with a start date for training. (Belfast) I know a few guys who got the course for April and start next week. I have a feeling that there is a course on the 15th may I believe in the mainland so I’m waiting to hear for that one. I assume I will hear soon to start in may. How about you?

Nice one, good luck with the training bro
I’ve applied for Swansea/Cardiff and got my interview on 13th April. Furthest I’ve gotten so far 😂.
From the sounds of things the interview seems ok and not as bad as I thought 🤔
Original post by Chrisg1988
I’ve applied for Swansea/Cardiff and got my interview on 13th April. Furthest I’ve gotten so far 😂.
From the sounds of things the interview seems ok and not as bad as I thought 🤔

Good luck Chris, good to see another Cardiff applicant.
Original post by James9103
Good luck Chris, good to see another Cardiff applicant.

Cheers mate. Have you had your interview date?
When the training happens do you stay in a hotel or have they got like a campus for accommodation as the building is massive on Google maps! Lol
Reply 71
Original post by Hantyd2
When the training happens do you stay in a hotel or have they got like a campus for accommodation as the building is massive on Google maps! Lol

You get issued with a work laptop and mobile. You book your own accommodation and flights etc and the home office pay for it. You are not out of any expenses for accommodation. They pay it all
Original post by CJM92
You get issued with a work laptop and mobile. You book your own accommodation and flights etc and the home office pay for it. You are not out of any expenses for accommodation. They pay it all

ooh so when I start I will book it and they will re emburse me? What’s the best hotel to book closest etc anyone know 😂
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 73
You book it via your work laptop which has a business account, it automatically pays for it, you don’t need to pay anything for hotels. I wouldn’t like to think paying 2-3k out for a 4 week hotel is ridiculous so that’s why the home office pay for it instantly. Same as flights home, you go on and hook your own flights with the account and home office pays it automatically
Reply 74
Original post by Hantyd2
ooh so when I start I will book it and they will re emburse me? What’s the best hotel to book closest etc anyone know 😂

You book it via your work laptop which has a business account, it automatically pays for it, you don’t need to pay anything for hotels. I wouldn’t like to think paying 2-3k out for a 4 week hotel is ridiculous so that’s why the home office pay for it instantly. Same as flights home, you go on and hook your own flights with the account and home office pays it automatically
Original post by CJM92

Ah was gonna say that did seem a bit crazy I don’t have that sort of money lying around wish I did!
brilliant thanks for your help when are you starting again? X
Reply 76
Original post by Hantyd2
Ah was gonna say that did seem a bit crazy I don’t have that sort of money lying around wish I did!
brilliant thanks for your help when are you starting again? X

Waiting a date to start training. It was supposed to be April but it was cancelled for me, I’m earmarked for middle of may course
Reply 77
Original post by CJM92
Waiting a date to start training. It was supposed to be April but it was cancelled for me, I’m earmarked for middle of may course

Let me know how it goes.....I'm going to stick with my AO role in ICE/ROM for a while, once I've sorted a few things out I should be in a position to jet off to Croydon for weeks at a time, look me up when you get to Drumkeen though
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CJM92

Okay great
Hope it goes well for you and you hear soon x
Just had my interview, unsure how it went, the two people carrying out the interview were really nice, I’m not sure I did that well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending