The Student Room Group

2023 ** Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mikewt70
Just had my interview, unsure how it went, the two people carrying out the interview were really nice, I’m not sure I did that well

Ah well done don’t be thinking like that! I’m sure you done ok….. any examples of the questions? Were they all purely strength eg what’s your weakness? What’s your biggest achievement? Etc I’ve mine on Thursday…. Panicking
Original post by Joannemca
Ah well done don’t be thinking like that! I’m sure you done ok….. any examples of the questions? Were they all purely strength eg what’s your weakness? What’s your biggest achievement? Etc I’ve mine on Thursday…. Panicking

Five strength based questions further broken down giving you a total of 10 questions, you can’t prepare for them mate
How long after being interviewed did you get the outcome? 😬
Original post by CJM92
Waiting a date to start training. It was supposed to be April but it was cancelled for me, I’m earmarked for middle of may course

CJM92 - I'm waiting on SC coming through, already been over 3 weeks, so fingers crossed may for me too for Training. Did your SC take long? A
Original post by CJM92
Hi I just seen this. Yeah all my checks are complete, clearance is transferred from MOD as I just left them in feb 2023. Online medical complete and I got an email on Friday there to say that the vacancy holder will email or ring me soon with a start date for training. (Belfast) I know a few guys who got the course for April and start next week. I have a feeling that there is a course on the 15th may I believe in the mainland so I’m waiting to hear for that one. I assume I will hear soon to start in may. How about you?

Sorry mate, just seen this, got locked out so started new account, yeah still waiting, 3 weeks so far for SC - waiting to finalise and get start date for training. hoping for May tim if there is possible training i think on 15th May. Maybe start same time. Hope alls well, if i dont get SC through we could keep in touch sure here :smile:
Belfast here as well, anyone from my neck of the woods heard anything about getting an interview?

The IO role seems to be up my street, I left the police to a desk job and it hasn’t transitioned well lol would rather be doing stuff again.
Belfast here to. Heard nothing about an interview. Was wondering was it just me.
Has anyone had interview scores yet?
I am from Belfast as well - no word about even getting an interview :frown: Apparently others have already done their interviews and waiting on scores. I wonder is it just slower for NI? Thanks
Further to my previous entry, just received an email that i have been selected for an interview. Yay! So, folk in NI, check ur emails. Fingers crossed x
Same I got my email, can anyone here give an idea what the strength questions were? and was it strength questions only? How long did you get for each question?
Original post by SWapplicant
Same I got my email, can anyone here give an idea what the strength questions were? and was it strength questions only? How long did you get for each question?

10 questions altogether on 5 topics.

2 minutes per question.
Original post by SWapplicant

For my interview, it was one question based on each strength in application form, leadership; changing and improving etc etc, then within its answer, questions where asked about your answer. Was tough but you really can’t prepare as such, go on YouTube check career vids (a guy goes through all diff type scenarios etc for strength based) my experience it lasted 1 hour 15. Two interviewees were lovely! Good luck, and read through the job spec and your PS a few times before hand 😊x
Original post by ABMCD84
For my interview, it was one question based on each strength in application form, leadership; changing and improving etc etc, then within its answer, questions were asked about your answer. Was tough but you really can’t prepare as such, go on YouTube check career vids (a guy goes through all diff type scenarios etc for strength based) my experience it lasted 1 hour 15. Two interviewees were lovely! Good luck, and read through the job spec and your PS a few times before hand 😊x

Thank you, do you mind listing the topics I can’t seem to find them on the cs jobs advert or rather I’m not sure if the “who are we looking for” section is a list of the topics
Seeing the big picture, changing and improving, making effective decisions, leadership, communicating and influencing, developing self, and others, managing of quality service, delivering at a pace. When you apply for vacancies it’ll tell you which behaviours they’ll assess you on
Original post by Fb99999
Seeing the big picture, changing and improving, making effective decisions, leadership, communicating and influencing, developing self, and others, managing of quality service, delivering at a pace. When you apply for vacancies it’ll tell you which behaviours they’ll assess you on

There’s no mention of these on the advert, and these are all behaviours which usually are given a 5 minute response time and they ask you to prepare examples

But on CS jobs they specifically state the interview is strength based only and not to prepare for them, so it doesn’t make any sense for them to ask about behaviours which are marked differently than strength questions.

Where did you see these behaviours if you don’t mind me asking?
Husband got a email yesterday to say selected for interview - applied Liverpool and Manchester. Scored a 5 on PS. He really struggles at interviews unfortunately so any help would be great
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lizziebet
Husband got a email yesterday to say selected for interview - applied Liverpool and Manchester. Scored a 5 on PS. He really struggles at interviews unfortunately so any help would be great

I had my interview last Monday for the north, the two people doing the interviews are really good, they is 10 strength based questions which you can’t really prepare for, the best piece of advice I can give is just be yourself
I’d say the strength based questions do revolve ever so slightly around the rest of the behaviours other than the ones they’ve said that they’ll assess you on. What I did before mine was prepare my own answers using questions from this site https://careerbuildingjobs.com/civil-service-interview-questions-and-example-answers/?utm_content=cmp-true
And sifted through other sites as well . My interviewers were so so nice and let me keep my notes and told me only to glance and not just read from the paper. I scored 16 overall because I ended up forgetting my train of thought at one point 🥲but yess good luck to everyone !!!!!
Reply 99
Original post by ABMCD84
Sorry mate, just seen this, got locked out so started new account, yeah still waiting, 3 weeks so far for SC - waiting to finalise and get start date for training. hoping for May tim if there is possible training i think on 15th May. Maybe start same time. Hope alls well, if i dont get SC through we could keep in touch sure here :smile:

Hi mate, just seen this. I’ll send you a message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending