The Student Room Group

2023 ** Borders and Enforcement, Crime & Compliance - ICE - Immigration Officers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by SK112233
From reading the email they sent regarding the medical, it states
"You should bring a completed HM28 to your appointment, and please note, you will be expected to provide a urine sample."
Hope this helps, I have my medical tomorrow
Hi
I hope your medical has completed successfully. What happens in medical? what do they check in urine sample? any blood, eye or bleep test for fitness?

Regards
Original post by UKBF
Hi
I hope your medical has completed successfully. What happens in medical? what do they check in urine sample? any blood, eye or bleep test for fitness?
Regards
Hello,

Hope you are well. Second time lucky the medical went fine. It lasted around 10/15 minutes. I had my paperwork ready, which was easier for the examiner. I did a urine test, which they checked there and then, unsure what they look for. I did a few flexibility test such as touching my toes and swinging my arms.

No bleep test/eye test or blood test required

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Anyone else received an email asking if they still wish to remain on the reserve list the other week?
Original post by TonnyLaw
Anyone else received an email asking if they still wish to remain on the reserve list the other week?
Yep I did for CFI
I did too and I dont think it really meant anything, i dont think its to do with anticipated jobs etc its a auto generated email sent to everyone for data purposes imo i think
Has anyone from the North East had an offer? I've moved jobs since I applied (only recently) however, I'm still really interested in this. I'm chucked off the reserve list in June.
Any updates from anyone?
Original post by TonnyLaw
Any updates from anyone?

Nope and am waiting for Liverpool, it aint happenin, not at this late stage now if were lucky we,ll be offered an alternative role in HO within nxt few wks if not thas it.
Anyone waiting for a start date for Croydonfrom the 107 campaign last year.?

I applied in SEP 23. All clearance done by NOV23.

Received an email end NOV23 accepting formal offer and another email saying the manager will call to arrange a start date...but no update.

Ive been calling the recruitment line every month since and then. They say they are emailing the manager to get in touch with me. But no reply so far.
Original post by Mick234
Anyone waiting for a start date for Croydonfrom the 107 campaign last year.?
I applied in SEP 23. All clearance done by NOV23.
Received an email end NOV23 accepting formal offer and another email saying the manager will call to arrange a start date...but no update.
Ive been calling the recruitment line every month since and then. They say they are emailing the manager to get in touch with me. But no reply so far.
I've been waiting for longer, so much so that clearance had to be redone as it went out of date, that might be the next step for you. I am receiving weekly calls asking me to keep waiting and that clearance shouldn't take too long. I think they said 50 working days. According to the person on the phone, she was calling 100 people a week who are in a similar position, waiting for clearance. Each week is a different person who calls so there could be hundreds in a similar position.
How long did the initial checks take? i.e. the digital identity check?
Yip, I have a start date at the ICE team in Belfast on the 24th June and my course starts on the 15th July in Croydon, contract signed and returned this week so all good at the mo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending