The Student Room Group

Slade hasn’t acknowledged an art portfolio

Hi
My son submitted his art portfolio to Slade in time and has proof showing his portfolio was sent successfully. He’s heard nothing and now friends tell him interviews have already happened. He never received a rejection email, an acknowledgement or an invite for an interview either - nothing. Who could he speak to to find out what happened ? I feel his application has been dealt badly and he feels there’s no one at #Slade he could ask either. Does anyone know what can be done? Thank you!
Original post by OlCG
Hi
My son submitted his art portfolio to Slade in time and has proof showing his portfolio was sent successfully. He’s heard nothing and now friends tell him interviews have already happened. He never received a rejection email, an acknowledgement or an invite for an interview either - nothing. Who could he speak to to find out what happened ? I feel his application has been dealt badly and he feels there’s no one at #Slade he could ask either. Does anyone know what can be done? Thank you!

Phone them up

was he regularly checking his junk/spam folders and portico?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Phone them up

was he regularly checking his junk/spam folders and portico?

Thank you. I’ll ask again but I’m sure he has.
He thinks the system is closed to calls or facilitating any information to applicants, so he feels rather powerless. It’s a shame as it’s a uni application and universities shouldn’t be perceived to be closed off to young people He is quite proactive but he doesn’t think there’s anyone to help him with this. It’s bizarre how they could blank him like this. I’m sure there’s an explanation though..
Original post by OlCG
Thank you. I’ll ask again but I’m sure he has.
He thinks the system is closed to calls or facilitating any information to applicants, so he feels rather powerless. It’s a shame as it’s a uni application and universities shouldn’t be perceived to be closed off to young people He is quite proactive but he doesn’t think there’s anyone to help him with this. It’s bizarre how they could blank him like this. I’m sure there’s an explanation though..

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/slade/degrees/ba-bfa#faq

How will I find out the results of the Portfolio Inspection?

Applicants shortlisted at the portfolio inspection will receive an email from the Slade inviting them to interview. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via UCAS.

If your son has a school/college email address listed on UCAS then he should talk to them to check nothing has been quarantined/blocked by their filters.

https://www.facebook.com/SladeSchool/?locale=en_GB lists their phone number as 020 7679 2313
Hi, same here. We called the admission office number yesterday. The lady said she could see the portfolio had been reviewed by a tutor earlier in the day and that we should get an answer in the next 2 weeks max (!). So sounds like they are still processing applications…

Original post by OlCG
Hi
Reply 5
Original post by Bisounours
Hi, same here. We called the admission office number yesterday. The lady said she could see the portfolio had been reviewed by a tutor earlier in the day and that we should get an answer in the next 2 weeks max (!). So sounds like they are still processing applications…

Hi
Thank you! That’s really useful. What number did you call?
Original post by OlCG
Hi
Thank you! That’s really useful. What number did you call?

This is what I used: Please email the central UCL admissions office at [email protected] or contact us via telephone on +44(0)20 8059 0939 for all related enquiries.
Hi, I have had the same. No response at all, I’ve also heard of others on a forum I made in the same situation. Hopefully we’ll hear back soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest