The Student Room Group

Struggling with choices (fashion student)

I’ve gotten offers from Kingston uni (fashion promotion and communication) and Central st martins and Loughborough uni (fashion design). Im struggling to know what’s a good choice that would lead my life in the right direction.
Original post by J*onahX
I’ve gotten offers from Kingston uni (fashion promotion and communication) and Central st martins and Loughborough uni (fashion design). Im struggling to know what’s a good choice that would lead my life in the right direction.

Hi @J*onahX

It's great to hear you're thinking about studying at Loughborough!

I'm currently in my first year here and although I don't study Fashion Design and Technology I thought I might be able to help.

I would first suggest taking a look at the course page for the courses you have offers for and take a look at the modules you would be studying and see if any particular course stands out to you. For our Fashion Design and Technology course you also have the opportunity to do a placement year, a study abroad or both! I would also suggest scrolling down on our course page to take a look at the 'your future career' section and this will give you an idea of what graduates have gone on to do and you can see if that's something you would be interested in.

Something that really helped me when choosing which university to go to was to go and visit. If you have an offer from Loughborough you should have received an email with the option to go to an offer holder day where you will get to meet students who do the course you have an offer for and to see some of the facilities you would be using on our campus. There are plenty of other ways to visit Loughborough if you are unable to make it to an offer holder day. One of the most important things when choosing a uni is to choose somewhere where you can see yourself living and fitting in as you will be spending at least 3 years there. I think visiting the uni is one of the best ways to get a feel for the uni and whether you can picture yourself studying there and fitting in.

It's also worth considering the location of the unis as they are in different parts of the country. I've never had an issue getting anywhere from Loughborough, with Leicester and Nottingham being less than a 20 minute train ride away and being able to get to London in around an hour and a half by train. It's also very easy to get north of Loughborough as well and there is also the option to get coaches that go all around the UK. There is even an airport close by if you wanted to go abroad!

I would also take a look at the extracurricular activities on offer. There might be a particular society or sports club you wanted to join so it's worth checking those out.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any questions feel free to get in touch :smile:

Jess
Original post by J*onahX

Hey!
Congrats on all your offers that's amazing! I would honestly wouldn't think twice and go for CSM. It's the best in the world and you'll get opportunities there that you can't get anywhere else. Even if you're unsure about doing fashion design, with a CSM degree you can do anything in fashion.

Quick Reply

Latest