The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary or Warick

So,

I have got offers from queen Mary and Warwick. Idk what which one to firm. I live in London. My course is biochem. I am aiming to do a postgrad in medicine. The problem I have is that if I go queen Mary it would be more cost effective as I can stay at home and save money on accommodation as well as travel and also I can have a stable part time job. Also the biochem course is tailored for people who want to do med or dent as postgrad at qmul, so I lot would be a easy transition rather than Warwick.The reason I need to save money is because I need it to find my postgrad. However, I still am thinking of going if Warwick mainly because of the experience. I have severe social anxiety and I feel like if go somewhere away from my comfort zone, it will help. Also by ranking Warwick is overall better. The image of queen Mary has gone down in the last few year, I think People assume it’s a b tec russel group uni. Like the people i see online look like they just go there for mainly bants and are not serious. But I think I’m being close minded. Any advice
Original post by Anonymous
So,

I have got offers from queen Mary and Warwick. Idk what which one to firm. I live in London. My course is biochem. I am aiming to do a postgrad in medicine. The problem I have is that if I go queen Mary it would be more cost effective as I can stay at home and save money on accommodation as well as travel and also I can have a stable part time job. Also the biochem course is tailored for people who want to do med or dent as postgrad at qmul, so I lot would be a easy transition rather than Warwick.The reason I need to save money is because I need it to find my postgrad. However, I still am thinking of going if Warwick mainly because of the experience. I have severe social anxiety and I feel like if go somewhere away from my comfort zone, it will help. Also by ranking Warwick is overall better. The image of queen Mary has gone down in the last few year, I think People assume it’s a b tec russel group uni. Like the people i see online look like they just go there for mainly bants and are not serious. But I think I’m being close minded. Any advice

Hey there! First of all, huge congratulations on your two offers! QMUL and Warwick are both very good unis, you should be very proud!
I think the most important thing is to consider which uni would be best suited for you. A sibling of mine went to Warwick, and I myself am currently at QMUL, so please do feel free to ask me any questions you may want to know!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
boost
You going to make a lot of money as a Doctor in future. So I would go to a good university like Warwick and not QM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending