The Student Room Group

Badly describe your job

In a few words, badly describe the job you do.
And lets guess what everyone's jobs are from their description.
I talk to steering wheel attendants.
I put germs in vials.
Reply 3
I annoy undergraduates
Currently just studying full time, but of my first and only job thus far: sweating profusely cooking over a grill surrounded by other teenagers scrambling around me.
(edited 1 year ago)
Stalking dead people via patchy paper trails they leave behind :wink:
Original post by EdwShrbrne
Stalking dead people via patchy paper trails they leave behind :wink:

Oo, this is a good one!

Though I'm too tired to hazard a good guess and overall probably ignorant about most jobs. Murder investigator? Genealogist?
(edited 1 year ago)
Wish I was that cool! Just your average history student :smile:
Original post by fec1864
Oo, this is a good one!

Though I'm too tired to hazard a good guess and overall probably ignorant about most jobs. Murder investigator? Genealogist?
Original post by EdwShrbrne
Wish I was that cool! Just your average history student :smile:

That's even better though, duh. :wink:

From one history lover to another. Why didn't I think of that?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Musical Cats
Crew member at a popular fast food chain?

The Golden Arches, yes! Scrubbing the egg machine in dirty water for two hours after breakfast was my refuge from that awful, hot kitchen. Should be indicative overall of how bad it was. Helped that 80% of the staff were teenagers/uni students though, so we all bonded in our misery between hot, greasy kitchens and disgusting and abusive customers. :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Musical Cats
Driving instructor?

Unfortunately not.
Good guess though.
I dismantle dead animals and then use them as bribery to create entertainment
Original post by fec1864
The Golden Arches, yes! Scrubbing the egg machine in dirty water for two hours after breakfast was my refuge from that awful, hot kitchen. Should be indicative overall of how bad it was. Helped that 80% of the staff were teenagers/uni students though, so we all bonded in our misery between hot, greasy kitchens and disgusting and abusive customers. :biggrin:

I used to work there myself (on and off for 9 years- part time/full time/one day a week alongside other jobs etc). I feel your pain.
Original post by Emma:-)
I used to work there myself (on and off for 9 years- part time/full time/one day a week alongside other jobs etc). I feel your pain.

Yes! One thing though, not that I am rich (by any bloody means!), but before working there I definitely, being an ignorant teenager, turned up my nose to jobs like that. It's a very humbling experience and I now will forever sympathise with, and defend, those working in fast food places. I'm so glad I did work there and I think those experiences will help me be a better lawyer (which is what I want to do after uni) and just a better human overall.

Major respect for enduring it for 9 years. I barely lasted 2 part-time. They all deserve a big raise while these greedy fast food corporations are paying their corporate staff (most of McD's are in Chicago, I believe) ridiculous bonuses at the same time as their staff on the ground work so hard for barely a minimum wage.
(edited 1 year ago)
I work in what feels like a zoo. The inhabitants definitely are very messy eaters. Every shift is a condiment festival.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by fec1864
Yes! One thing though, not that I am rich (by any bloody means!), but before working there I definitely, being an ignorant teenager, turned up my nose to jobs like that. It's a very humbling experience and I now will forever sympathise with, and defend, those working in fast food places. I'm so glad I did work there and I think those experiences will help me be a better lawyer (which is what I want to do after uni) and just a better human overall.

Major respect for enduring it for 9 years. I barely lasted 2 part-time. They all deserve a big raise while these greedy fast food corporations are paying their corporate staff (most of McD's are in Chicago, I believe) ridiculous bonuses at the same time as their staff on the ground work so hard for barely a minimum wage.

I'm the same. Working there taught me so much. I learnt a lot and met some amazing people working there. I saw all sorts while working there.
It helped me out with the job I do now. Not gonna go too much into detail as I badly described my job a few posts ago and it hasn't been guessed right yet. But working at McDonald's gave me a thick skin. And having already seen a lot of stuff, things don't surprise me as much at my current job.
I spend the majority of my day doing one of two things:

Sitting down in meetings about standing up

Staring incredulously at my screen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending