The Student Room Group

NINE DTP applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by username6109850
Hey! Has anyone on the NINE DTP reserve list received any updates?

Thanks!

I haven't got my official offer letter yet (from Durham), so people on the reserve list might have to wait a bit. I don't know if other schools have issued their official offer letter or not.
Reply 21
Original post by chile1234
Has anyone got the official offer letter from their institution already? (Durham in particular?)

Hey - I knew that Durham has announced the nine reserve list last week (approximately on 12 April), and heard another student, also in Durham, received nine offer letter yesterday.
Reply 22
Original post by valbel1
I've just receive an email stating that I'm in the reserved list (not too sure how to feel about this) Not in Durham tho. Goood luck!

Hello! I'm on the reserve list also - ncl. May I know which pathway or institution you applied to? (totally fine if it's not convenient!)

Best luck!
Original post by ESFF
Hello! I'm on the reserve list also - ncl. May I know which pathway or institution you applied to? (totally fine if it's not convenient!)

Best luck!

Heya! Thank you 😄 I'm applying with QUB and in psychology! I'm doing a collaboration with an organisation but I'm also an international student so I believe that kinda lower the odds unfortunately. What about you?

Im like under the limbo of trying to stay positive but also being realistic and lowering my expectation 😭

They mentioned that in these 2 weeks we would probably find out but till aug-sept, there's still (but a very slim) chance for those on the reserve list, if anyone drops out at the very last minute.
Reply 24
Original post by valbel1
Heya! Thank you 😄 I'm applying with QUB and in psychology! I'm doing a collaboration with an organisation but I'm also an international student so I believe that kinda lower the odds unfortunately. What about you?

Im like under the limbo of trying to stay positive but also being realistic and lowering my expectation 😭

They mentioned that in these 2 weeks we would probably find out but till aug-sept, there's still (but a very slim) chance for those on the reserve list, if anyone drops out at the very last minute.

Hi, thank you so much for the response! Very similar situation - international students & Linguistics = 'double kill', isn't it? 🙂️

That said, I think if you have connections with organisations, your chance should be improved, so do stay positive!

In the notice sent by my institution (ncl), it says that awardees have to confirm their places by 20 Apr, so that the reserved candidates will be contacted thereafter asap...(but they didn't specify whether the notice will arrive within these two weeks). However, I was just aware that Durham had actually asked their awardees to respond by 27 Apr, so now it seems a bit confusing to me as to how the reserve list operates. For example, if one in Psychology gave up the nomination, will this offer come to the top-ranked candidates in the same pathway (Psychology) or only to those who placed highest on a mixed reserve list?
Reply 25
Original post by ESFF
Hi, thank you so much for the response! Very similar situation - international students & Linguistics = 'double kill', isn't it? 🙂️

That said, I think if you have connections with organisations, your chance should be improved, so do stay positive!

In the notice sent by my institution (ncl), it says that awardees have to confirm their places by 20 Apr, so that the reserved candidates will be contacted thereafter asap...(but they didn't specify whether the notice will arrive within these two weeks). However, I was just aware that Durham had actually asked their awardees to respond by 27 Apr, so now it seems a bit confusing to me as to how the reserve list operates. For example, if one in Psychology gave up the nomination, will this offer come to the top-ranked candidates in the same pathway (Psychology) or only to those who placed highest on a mixed reserve list?

Sorry. Just to correct: I knew one student received the official offer letter from Durham (NINE) yesterday 21 Apr, but I'm not sure if Durham set a deadline for successful students to confirm their offers. The one that was required to reply by 27 Apr is another dtp from QUB, not NINE/Durham.
Original post by ESFF

Aw it's so tough isn't it! So I think they are given two weeks to let the schools know if they decide to take on the offer. Based on what my supervisor say, usually the selected candidates may have multiple offers from different funding streams so I guess it depends on who they choose. Not too sure about how the reserve list work but I would assume it's regardless of pathway but a mix list 🤔may be wrong tho. What I'm curious about is for us international students, since there's only 30% of the slots are allocated for international students. But fingerscrossed! You never know what could happen
Reply 27
Original post by valbel1
Aw it's so tough isn't it! So I think they are given two weeks to let the schools know if they decide to take on the offer. Based on what my supervisor say, usually the selected candidates may have multiple offers from different funding streams so I guess it depends on who they choose. Not too sure about how the reserve list work but I would assume it's regardless of pathway but a mix list 🤔may be wrong tho. What I'm curious about is for us international students, since there's only 30% of the slots are allocated for international students. But fingerscrossed! You never know what could happen

Yep! You never know!

And I have the same doubts also - for int. students, if we are placed on the same reserve list? But considering the EDI policy, I positively guess that the answer would be 'yes' :smile:

Again, sending lots of luck to you! I will update here and let you know upon receiving further notices.
Original post by ESFF
Yep! You never know!

And I have the same doubts also - for int. students, if we are placed on the same reserve list? But considering the EDI policy, I positively guess that the answer would be 'yes' :smile:

Again, sending lots of luck to you! I will update here and let you know upon receiving further notices.

Same to you!! All the best 😄
Reply 29
Does anyone know what support students would receive from NINE DTP except for stipends? The information about research grant, training courses, and placement is a bit vague on their website.
Reply 30
Does anyone know what support students would receive from NINE DTP except for stipends? The information about research grant, training courses, and placement is a bit vague on their website.

Hey - I think NINE and NBC DTP operates in a similar manner. NINE provides RTSG support also:https://www.ninedtp.ac.uk/rtsg/ .

And perhaps you can chat with the DTP administrator of your pathway to get more info.
Reply 31
Original post by ESFF
Hey - I think NINE and NBC DTP operates in a similar manner. NINE provides RTSG support also:https://www.ninedtp.ac.uk/rtsg/ .

And perhaps you can chat with the DTP administrator of your pathway to get more info.

Thank you! I did contact them and what they said is in line with the official guideline. I am curious about what past students actually experience/think haha
Reply 32
I think people on the reserve list may hear back in mid-May, don't lose hope!
Reply 33
I think people on the reserve list may hear back in mid-May, don't lose hope!

Thanks for the update. I know that QUB and Durham have both notified and received the confirmation from their successful candidates last week, following other institutions, so the people on the reserve list may be contacted since this week.
Reply 34
Hi, wondering if any of the reserves have received news from your institutions?

Thanks!
Reply 35
Original post by ESFF
Hi, wondering if any of the reserves have received news from your institutions?

Thanks!

Hey! I have not heard anything from QUB unfortunately :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by valbel1

Thanks 'valbel1'. Don't worry - so do I.

My school seems to have started crossing-reference the confirmed awardees and the reserve list, however, no one knows a more accurate deadline for this.

The list will operate until the beginning of this autumn term, but I wonder if any candidates will be able to await till Sept...

Still, I will keep you updated!
Reply 37
Hello!!! I know this is an old threat, but I would like to ask you guys when you learned if you where accepted? I mean, I know that this year the committee will take the final decision today, 26th of March. When should I expect to know the outcome? Many thanks, I am so nervous...
Reply 38
Original post by Joel42
Hello!!! I know this is an old threat, but I would like to ask you guys when you learned if you where accepted? I mean, I know that this year the committee will take the final decision today, 26th of March. When should I expect to know the outcome? Many thanks, I am so nervous...

Last year I only knew the results in late April and got the formal letter in the beginning of May.
Reply 39
Last year I only knew the results in late April and got the formal letter in the beginning of May.

Thanks for your answer! Whoa, long wait. I thought it would be something like this week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending