The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Life in Central Lancashire

I’ve decided to put UCLan as my firm choice for uni 2023 and I’m worrying that I’ll struggle to make friends or enjoy myself. What enjoyable things are there to do in Central Lancashire so I can prepare myself?
Hi there! There's lots of interesting things in Preston both on and off Campus, a good way to make friends is joining one of the Student's Union's Societies where you can meet people with similar interests to you, lots of societies also have Social Nights where they host events or go for drinks in town. On Campus there's good social spaces for hanging out and things like pool tables at Stop Gap, the student union bar.

Off Campus there's LeVel that has Crazy Golf, Bowling, Karaoke! There's a Laserquest and Escape Room if those are your thing. As well as lots of bars and nightclubs like Switch and Warehouse. The Ferret is a bar and music venue that is iconic part of Preston, and right next to Campus- Definitely recommend going there, they have all sorts of music and it's a great vibe.

For free things to do in Preston we've got a few parks; Avenham & Miller is about a 10 minute walk from UCLan campus and is a lovely open space by the river Ribble, In 2024 the Harris Museum will be opening up once again after it's temporary closer full of local history and art!

On our website you can find out lots about Preston and our campuses to get more of an idea of Uni life with us, also there's a train station which is a short walk from Campus so you can easily get to either bigger cities like Manchester and Liverpool or go on an adventure to the Lake District! https://www.uclan.ac.uk/student-life

Across my time at Uni I found a great group of friends and we did most of the things I've mentioned above, definitely can recommend them! Hope this can be of some help :smile:

all the best,

Joshua :biggrin:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending