The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Physician Associate Msc UCLAN 2023 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefulmed01
About five days ago now. I heard back the day after my interview.

Are you going to attend uclan for physician associate msc, I'm going this sept would love to know how you are preparing
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Hi did you end up getting an offer?
Hi did you end up getting an offer
Have you decided you are going to uclan?
Have you decided you are going to uclan
Anyone have an idea of the specification of the modules what we will be learning specifically, the module content is so vague and there's only one module aside from the placement for the entire year. I want to start prepping but I don't want to waste my time on things that aren't covered or may be covered next year because I know it's really intense and I don't want to fall behind anyone have some insight?
Reply 66
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone have an idea of the specification of the modules what we will be learning specifically, the module content is so vague and there's only one module aside from the placement for the entire year. I want to start prepping but I don't want to waste my time on things that aren't covered or may be covered next year because I know it's really intense and I don't want to fall behind anyone have some insight?

To be honest I think you should try to enjoy your holidays but if you wanna get a head start, I would say you can start looking at different systems of body not in depth but familiarise yourself and start looking at common conditions such as diabetes , COPS , Asthama . Another thing I would say it to maybe start looking at conditions 1A/1B , 2A/2B , you have to the research yourself but the conditions that we have to know 100% maybe start making notes on those.

I hope these helps :smile: I am still waiting to hear back from waitlist 😭😭😂but if I had got a place I probably would have started from these things.
Good luck for September!!!!!! 👏
Original post by safina09
To be honest I think you should try to enjoy your holidays but if you wanna get a head start, I would say you can start looking at different systems of body not in depth but familiarise yourself and start looking at common conditions such as diabetes , COPS , Asthama . Another thing I would say it to maybe start looking at conditions 1A/1B , 2A/2B , you have to the research yourself but the conditions that we have to know 100% maybe start making notes on those.

I hope these helps :smile: I am still waiting to hear back from waitlist 😭😭😂but if I had got a place I probably would have started from these things.
Good luck for September!!!!!! 👏

Il study now then have a holiday on campus :tongue: jkjk. Yeah Il keep it balanced I'm just nervous want to make sure I don't instantly fall behind. I just looked up those matrices my god I wasn't expecting so much😂 .
I believe there's some unis doing clearing and uclan is also on clearing. From the top of my head Worcester herfordshire and Bournemouth Are all also on clearing if you want to try, il pray for you to get it thanks for being really helpful
Reply 68
Offer holder here!! Applied via UCAS extra. Is anyone getting accommodation on campus / private?
Original post by PATee7
Offer holder here!! Applied via UCAS extra. Is anyone getting accommodation on campus / private?

I want to apply becahse its on clearing..but its not letting me rn. I think ucas is down till the 16th though....did you apple through ucas extra, or did uclan offer you a place via ucas extra ?
Also i got an offer from edge hill, and i had to apply through ucas extra, so does that mean i cant submit another ucas extra application?
Reply 71
I want to apply becahse its on clearing..but its not letting me rn. I think ucas is down till the 16th though....did you apple through ucas extra, or did uclan offer you a place via ucas extra ?

Yes it’s currently down. I applied via UCAS extra, received an interview invite with 1 week notice. Then received an offer just under a week after my interview☺️.
Reply 72
Also i got an offer from edge hill, and i had to apply through ucas extra, so does that mean i cant submit another ucas extra application?

You can’t I believe. I think you’d have to decline that offer to submit another UCAS extra application and to enter clearing aswell. Can I ask why you don’t want to accept the Edge Hill offer?
Original post by PATee7
You can’t I believe. I think you’d have to decline that offer to submit another UCAS extra application and to enter clearing aswell. Can I ask why you don’t want to accept the Edge Hill offer?

Really ?? It has allowed me to enter the application process for clearing but it just wont let me send it off becsuse of ucas being down. And i wouldnt mind going edge hill, but preston would be easier for me in terms of travelling.
Original post by PATee7
Yes it’s currently down. I applied via UCAS extra, received an interview invite with 1 week notice. Then received an ffer just under a week after my interview☺️.

You see, i did an interview already, and then i got rejected from uclan. So is it still possible?
Reply 75
Really ?? It has allowed me to enter the application process for clearing but it just wont let me send it off becsuse of ucas being down. And i wouldnt mind going edge hill, but preston would be easier for me in terms of travelling.

Oh ok. If it doesn’t work when UCAS is back up…maybe you have to reject your offer first if you want to apply via UCAS. Some unis allow you to apply directly to them over the phone/via email. I have a friend applying to UCLan that way.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 76
You see, i did an interview already, and then i got rejected from uclan. So is it still possible?

Oooh I don’t know. I’d contact UCLan to see if they’d still consider you/ give you another chance.

You don't have to apply through ucas for all universities in clearing I know you can apply through their websites too or over the phone like Bournemouth for example
Original post by PATee7

Congratulations! I'm getting accommodation on campus going to apply on Monday just a glitch on the system atm I think campus makes more sense because it's super cheap and convenient thinking of going whitendale but torn between premium and standard hbu
Reply 79

Same here I got rejected originally as well , in undergraduate they don’t let you 😭but I am gonna contact the uni and ask them aswell 🤞🤞🤞but do let me know how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending